Chapter 11: The Second Will

When everything seems to be wrong, be silent, relax, have patience. Trust His will and see miracles happening.

-Unknown

Coco Spencer's POV

I kept trying to calm my breath as we walked inside the solicitor's office of my deceased grandfather. I really don't know what exactly happened inside the elevator a while ago because my poor brain was still clouded with those x-rated images of me and Rafe tangled together in a public elevator.

I must admit that I forgot that woke up in a bad mood because of his sudden attack at the elevator. I tried to keep my face to remain cool and composed when my feelings inside were on a riot. I glanced at my husband as I expected once again back to his reserved demeanor very different from the man I have been with inside the elevator a few minutes ago.

Before I had the chance to study him fully, my grandfather's trusted attorney smiled brightly in our direction as he stood from his leather chair. "Good morning, Miss Spencer. I'm glad to see you early this morning."

I don't have time for pleasantries today. All I want to do is go home and spend quality time with this man beside me. I took the envelope from my handbag and tossed it to Atty. Anderson's glass table. "I already fulfilled the old man's demand. My husband and I would like to hear the content of the second will now."

The man took his seat again and smiled pleasantly at me. He just ignored my rude behavior like he was used to it. "Please have a seat, Miss..." He looked at me seriously. "Do you still want me to address you by your maiden name or perhaps you wish to be addressed by your new married name?"

I spared a glance at the man beside me but he's remained silent. I nodded at the solicitor. "I'd like to be addressed to my married name now. Corrine Cordelia Moretti."

"All right, Mrs. Moretti." Atty. Anderson said. I felt unexplained emotion swirled inside me when he address me with my married name. "Shall we begin?"

Rafe and I took the two leather chairs in front of the attorney's table. He pulled out his drawer and gets the sealed envelope that holds my fate. I took a deep breath as he opened the envelope. My gazed shot at my husband when he took my trembling hand and squeezed it reassuringly. I tried to smile for his benefit and he smiled back at me.

The man cleared his throat again like he did when he first read the last will of grandfather. "Are you ready?" He asked me once the second will of Carlisle was in his hands ready to be read. I gave him a short nod still holding Rafe's steady hand. "'You don't know how happy I am while writing this second will, my dear grandchild...'"

I snorted at the opening speech of Carlisle. Rafe threw me a disapproving look. I glanced at him rolling my eyes before focusing on Atty. Anderson.

"'...I wish I could see this day that you are now with a fine young man who wants to share your life. But as you probably know me, my dear lassie. I am a very cautious man I believe that after the favor I asked from you, you will not oblige easily—"

I scoffed, raising an eyebrow to the man reading the second will. "Favor? In which part of his last will did he ask for a 'favor'? If I remember correctly he's not giving me choices but to get married or else he will give his entire fortune to the charities including my grandmother's beloved manor."

"Signorina..." My husband warned when he probably heard the bitterness in my voice.

"Why?" I asked him with irritation. "If not for his idiotic plan to give me ultimatum we will not be in this situation. He's already gone but he still wants to manipulate the strings of our family's lives."