Chapter 32: The Photo Shoot

A wise man fights to win, but he is twice a fool who has no plan for possible defeat.

-Louis L'Amour

Coco Spencer's POV

The day of the photoshoot finally arrived. I prepared early for breakfast for this day. It's been a week since Rafe and I resumed our relationship and much to my dismay I think he's quite serious about not asking me in marriage.

I gritted my teeth. I was starting to get annoyed about his constant refusal. We both love each other and I don't see any reason for us not to wed again. Don't get me wrong, I've already asked him to marry me countless times now and his answered were all the same—a flat 'no'. I have enough of this nonsense.

Enough is enough, I thought with such conviction.

Pouring his cup of freshly brewed coffee, I placed it a little harshly in front of him. I also glared at him intensely while he was so occupied reading the broadsheets. When his cup nearly shattered at the impact I created he managed to remove damn eyes away from the paper he'd been reading. He smiled cordially at me. "My...did you wake up at the wrong side of the bed, darling?"

"No," I answered tartly, taking the opposite chair across to him. I started to dig my breakfast with a vengeance that's when it dawned to me that I would have my revenge at his annoying attitude about marrying me again. "I'm in a fine mood, honey. Have you forgotten that today is the photoshoot I promised Lucia the other week?"

"Oh?" He inquired offhandedly, focusing his gaze again at the papers in his hand. "Then why do you keep on sending me acid glare since we woke up?"

"I'm not doing such a thing." I denied fiercely.

"Trust me you are."

I sipped my coffee, gauging his reaction from the rim of my cup. "You don't want to come with me and supervise the photoshoot I will be doing? I'm pretty sure you want to oversee these things since I will be modeling wedding gowns."

He glanced in my direction briefly. "I'm sorry I can't go with you today. I will be very busy at the office. I am finalizing a business deal."

My blood started to boil at his nonchalant reply. I would want to do something violent with this man but I fear I would end up in jail. "Aren't you at least worried that Lucia might pair me to a super hot male model?"

"Not in the least," He answered with the same annoying smile on his lips. What the hell was wrong with him? I was started to lose my sanity in dealing with him. "I'm sure if that happens you will have striking photos together but I'm not jealous since I know at the end of the day you're still mine, right?"

"What if I will be attracted to him? What if I decided to start an affair with him? What will you do then?" I queued at him.

He smirked in my direction, so bloody sure of his power over me. "You will not do such thing, mia amore." He pointed my chest with his index finger. "I own that thing that beats in your chest as we speak. I know you love me as much as I love you."

I couldn't help the smile slipping on my face. Sometimes he knew how to keep me shut with his cheesy comebacks. But I reminded myself that I should not be swayed by his smooth-talking tongue. I eyed him cursory. "Why are you still slouching here? Aren't you yet late for work? I thought you said you have a very busy day ahead of you? Or you are planning to come with me at the end?"

"My lovely ex-wife is throwing me out again in my own house." He mused out loud. He raised an eyebrow in my direction. "But don't worry. I'm already late so lingering a little bit more for breakfast will not hurt."