Chapter 31

Cornelia's POV

It had been a month since Dmitri woke up from his coma. He was still at the hospital, he needed some treatments. Sandra always stayed by his side. They looked very happy together. Such a cute couple. I couldn't believe Jacob did cruel things to them. They had such beautiful relationship, yet others tried to break them apart.

It was also revealed, my lawyer told me, that Jacob would be in jail for his lifetime. I kinda felt bad for him. He was so depressed about anything in his life, so he did those actions. He realised all of these now. His eyes were wide open. There was a time, I tried to visit him once, and he asked for my forgiveness. Of course, I forgave him. Now that we were good, he was like a father figure for me and Dmitri. He changed. Compeletely.

Unfortunately, his minions and Richard were just jailed for one year. The police said they did nothing wrong. They didn't find any evidence to accused them. Hell! I hate them more than I hate Jacob. Especially Richard, he disgusted me.

During the time, I also had been dealing with my company. It supposed to be Kallum's, but he didn't want it and gave it to me instead. He wanted to focus on his own compamy in Jeju. He would go back there after anything settled. He was helping me with the company now. It was official that the company belong to me. It was hard to deal with this current situation where the company was in the crisis, because of Jacob's doing. But with the help of Colton's company and Kallum's company, this company was starting to rise up again.

And..

It also had been a month since Colton became my fake boyfriend. Our relationship had been fine. He was still sweet as always, but he was also a jerk who always played pranks on me. But.. I also loved that part of him. We usually went on a date, also a double date with Tori and Alex. However, we never kissed, I didn't think that I one hundred percents trusted him.

Everything went well.. at least until today.

"Cornelia! Help me!" Tori cried. She snuggled to me, wanting a comfort.

"Why? Why are you crying?" I put my arm around her shoulder.

"I can't. I can't handle this anymore." She sobbed.

I just furrowed my eyebrows, "What you can't handle? Tori, you are confusing me."

"I like Alex. I probably love him."

"Uumm.. That's good? You are his girlfriend after all."

I didn't know what I had done wrong, but my sentence made her cried even louder. She made me didn't know what to do. Seriously, she made me confused. So I just patted her back.

"No, I'm not! It's all fake! We end everything just now. He called me. He said that we don't need to be a fake couple anymore, knowing that your relationship has grown well."

"W-what? You are only his fake girlfriend? W-why?"

She wiped her tears, she stared at me. She hiccupped and started to tell me her story, "It's all his idea! He wants to play a matchmaker for you and Colton. He said he can't stand Colton being single and always so moody. And then an idea from hell came to him. He asked me to be his fake girlfriend. And now he ended everything! It's all just one sided! He started everything and then just ended it like that!"

"What? That bastard. He is just the same with his friend! Why men always make a fake deal? Gezz.." I complained.

"You think so right? I can't believe I fell in his trap!"

"So, back to the point. Do you think your love is just one sided?"

"Of course! He won't break up with me if he loves me back!"

"Okay. Calm down and don't yell at me. You need to relax so you can think straight." She did what I told her. She tried to calm herself.

"Okay. Now. What happen with my best friend? And I want detailed information." I asked her slowly. I didn't want her to stress anymore or cried.

"Remember our first date? When I asked you to go with Colton in double date with us. That was when our plan started. One day before, he called me, and only God knows where he got my number," She rolled her eyes

"And on that date, we seperated our way right? You went alone with Colton and me with Alex. He was so sweet to me. He was so caring. He bought candy floss for me, he even treated me. I think that's when I fell for him," She inhaled for awhile whilst looking at me. I just nodded, showing my understanding. I asked her to go on.

"That was not our last date and you know it."

"Yeah. We went for a couple of double dates."

"Correct! But that was not our second time either. We went for many dates before. Even without your knowing, which I was sorry because I didn't tell my best friend."

I raised my eyebrow, "You are sorry? Why? It's not something to be sorry about."

"I didn't tell you, that's the problem. I will keep going to tell you. May I?" I nodded.

"We went for dates and I felt there was an attraction between us. I felt like.. He liked me too. But all the hopes are gone. We called me and he told me we should end this. He said that everything goes well so we should finish what we started. I just fell.. hopeless. My hearts sinks. It's like.. I don't know it's just hard and weird for me." I smiled.

"What so funny?" She yelled in protest.

"You are in love with him."

"I know!"

"Then let me help you this time. To return the favour."

"Are you going to snap him?" Her eyes grew wide, "No, please don't. I don't want him to see me like a desperate woman."

"No, of course not. I can't let him know that you have told me. Let me do this work in secret." I gave her a secretative smile.

"Really?" She gave me her puppy eyes but her eyes was starting to become teary again. I nodded. Then she jumped on me.

"Get off of me! God, you are heavy." I whined but I laughed in the end. I felt de javu because this had happened before.

"You are rude!"

"I need to grab my phone and call Colton. We will do this today. I can't stand the depressed Tori."

"Okay, okay." She stood up.

I grabbed my phone from my night stand and called Colton. I put my phone into the speaker mode, so Tori could hear what I heard.

"Hello, gorgeous." The voice that I knew very well said from the other side. And yeah, he always teased me with some pet names. Sometimes he called me 'gorgeous', 'cupcake', even 'tiger'. Gargh..

"Colton, let's have a date! Meet me at Glasshouse Restaurant tonight at seven. Make sure to bring Alex with you. Don't be late." I tried to let out my sweetest voice in cheerful tone.

"Lia, What's wrong with you? Are you sick? You never asked me on a date, I'm the one who always ask. Why now?"

"Of course I'm not sick, you silly! Umm.. Actually it's nothing. I just miss you and we haven't met in these 2-day."

"Eager to meet me huh?" I bet he was smirking or grinning in the other side. I rolled my eyes. Luckily, he couldn't see me.

"Whatever. Do you want to go on this date or not?"

"Of course I want to go. Make sure to wear something pretty for me, okay?"

"You will see. Don't be late! Bye!" I smirked.

"I won't. Bye." He ended the call.

I could feel Tori was smirking, but I shoot her my deadly glare. And then she gave me high five.

First mission - Completed!

----------------------------------------