Chapter 33

New chapter!! Be prepared, guys! You have to say goodbye to the characters soon. ONLY ONE CHAPTER LEFT!

Cornelia's POV

"Ms. Parker, you have a meeting with Sanchez and Co in fifteen minutes." I received another note from my secretary.

Today was a hectic morning like always. I already had three meetings this morning and I still had four more for later.

Handling this company was not a big problem, but it still a problem. From a diner girl became an owner of a big company. The difference sure was big. Sure I had business bloodline run on my veins, I was clever and I had degree for business, but to manage the real company, I needed to learn a lot.

"Paige, can you inform Kallum about this?" I called my secretary with her first name. I also told her to do the same for me, but she refused.

Paige was a quite old woman, maybe she was at her mid fifty. She had worked for my father, she had known me since I was a baby. She treated me very well. When I was a child, she played with me a lot. Actually, when Jacob took my place as the company owner, Paige worked for Jacob too, but she got fired just because there was one day when she forgot to make coffee for him. And now, I hired her again. She was as generous as I could remember. She still had that warm smile.

"Sure. I will call him in a second." I heard she started pressing the numbers.

"Thanks."

I typed some informations and documents for the presentation. Then I started to gather all the folders that I need.

I heard my office door being unlocked. -- Ah, you see, Kallum and Colton initiated this. They made some changes with the office. They also changed the door and the lock. Normally, or before this changes, the door was always left unlocked so the secretary or important person could come easily. Now, because they are being overprotective men, they changed the lock into the automatic lock. It made the door could only be opened by anyone who knew the pass code. -- Someone opened the door. I needed not to be worried because I might know the person who unlocked the door.

"How is it my baby sister? Are you ready for the presentation? Why do you ask my help?" He walked in and showered me with his questions.

"Woahh.. Calm down big bro. I can't answer all your questions in one time." I just smiled but still focusing on the documents that I type.

He sat in the chair in front of me. He turned the chair around, which made him turned along with the chair. Sometimes I just laughed at his childish act.

"You don't hug me or something? I haven't seen you in a week." I asked him. I loved tease him or play jokes with him. But it was true though, I hadn't seen him in a week because he returned to Jeju for a while.

"How about you? Are you miss me? You don't even look at me. Are being a heiress turn you to be a workaholic woman?" I laughed at his comment.

I closed my laptop and walked toward him, "Welcome home. I miss you, my beloved big brother." I said as I hugged him.

He returned my hug, "I miss you too, my baby sis." He smiled and messed my hair.

"Kallum, I am going to have a presentation soon. And you mess my hair!" I whined in protest. He just laughed but kept messing my hair.

"So why do you need me for this presentation? I thought you handle the company well"

"I'm sorry to disturb you. I know you just got back from Jeju. You must be tired from the flight. But I really need your help for dealing with Sanchez and Co. It's my first time dealing with such a big company!" I freaked out.

"I heard that you have been dealing with this company before. So I need you in this presentation. I need your help to be specific." I smiled cutely just to get his heart.

I heard his sigh, "I will do anything for my sister." He kissed my forehead.

Yes! I knew my smile always melt his heart. I hugged him again, "Thank you."

----------------------------------------

"Here is the end of our meeting, ladies and gentlemen. I hope we can make a perfect partnership in this project. It's nice to meet you all. Thank you." This was how I end the meeting. I heard everyone clapping their hands for me. I bowed my head for the last time and went out of the meeting room with Kallum and Paige followed behind me.

"Great performance, baby sis! I'm sure they are going to sign this project." Kallum praised me once we were outside.

"I can't do this if you didn't help me. Thanks."

"All Mr. Parker did is just sit and watch. It's you who is wonderful, Ms. Parker."

"Aww.. Paige, I'm hurt." Kallum whined, "It's nice to meet you again, Paige. I miss your mommy act." We both had a strong relation with Paige. She was like our aunt.

"Cut the act, boy. I know you will get tired of me when I ask you to clean your own office." Paige said. I just laughed because I knew it was the fact. Kallum always dirtied his own office and made a huge mess. Paige was the one and only person who asked him -- I could say she demanded him -- to clean his office. And if that happened, Kallum would get a bad mood or pout all day.

My phone was ringing when I laughed. How could I be this clumsy? I forgot to silent my phone. Luckily I had gone out from the meeting room. If the phone rang when I had my presentation, I was sure it would ruin my reputation.

I swiped the green circle, "Hello?"

"Hey cupcake." I rolled my eyes. This person surely didn't know the meaning of 'stop calling me that', "Are you free now?"

"Nope. I still have works and meetings to do. Why?"

"I miss you." Cheesy. I rolled my eyes and Kallum seemed to notice that. And I think he knew who phoned me.

"Want to meet me somewhere?" I asked him. To be honest, I missed him too. We hadn't meet since our last date, when we tried to get Alex and Tori back together. Unfortunately, my voice was like a lonely and desperate wife waiting for her husband to come home.

"I thought you said that you have a hectic schedule?" I could feel that he was smirking in the other side.

"I did say that."

"Are you that desperate to meet me so you want to cancel your meetings?" I smirked. He was so self-centered.

"Who says I'm going to cancel my meetings?" I paused for a while, waiting for his response. But he didn't give any response, he just stayed silence, so I just continued what I was going to say, "It seems like you have a lot of free times, so why don't you just come here and meet me here? I don't have plenty of times like you do, you know." I smirked again. I could see Kallum did the same thing like I did and Paige was shaking her head while chuckling.

I heard Colton sighed, "Okay. I'll do anything for my currently fake girlfriend. I will meet you in your office." Then he hang up the phone.

"I don't know why but I feel so proud of you." Kallum praised me while laughing. I also joined him by laughing along with him and Paige.

After some business talk with them, I walked to my office alone because Kallum needed to rest and Paige needed to get back on her works.

I walked lazily to my office. Today wad sure a long day. I couldn't enjoy myself today. All these meetings made me crazy and put me under pressure.

I opened my office's door and saw a silhouette of someone. That someone sat on my chair, with each back faced me. Who could that be? Usually only Colton sat there went I was gone. But.. It couldn't be him. I just phoned him while ago right? And I remember his silhouette. I even remembered his silhouette.

"Colton.. is that you?" I asked, but I got no answer. Instead of answer, that someone showed me movement. That someone turned the chair so it faced toward me. Then he stood up.

"What takes you so long cupcake?"