Chapter |1|

Chapter | 1 |

  "You're quiet" I heard Ian mumble through the wall between his and my cell. I sat quiet staring at the silver walls hugging my legs.

I looked down at my red writs and ankles which still have yet to heal as fast as I used to.

All due to the drugs I've been forced to have...

"Jordyn?" Ian whispered.

I closed my eyes hearing screams from down the hall. I covered my ears wishing for all this pain to just end, all the screams and the cries.

"Say something. Please. I need to know you're okay" Ian pleaded and I shook my head listening to the screams down the hall get louder and louder.

I shut my eyes as it just stopped... No screams... Nothing. Just silence.

Around here... Silence means you're dead...

"We're going to die in here" I whispered in a monotone voice opening my eyes staring at the wall. I heard Ian shuffle in his cell making the chains rattle, "Don't say that-"

"Mason isn't going to come-"

"No. Don't you dare say that. Don't give up on him; you understand me? Do not give up" he said sternly and I hugged my legs tighter feeling my eyes water. "Our bond is getting weak... Our mind link is broken... Sarafina is barely alive" I whispered laying down on the cold ground hugging myself in a fetal position.

"You know that's because of the drugs they give us. She's still in there fighting. She's not going to give up, so you need to be strong for her and Mason. I'm sure he's trying his best on finding us okay?" He said and I shook my head.

"I'm so stupid for coming here" I whispered crying silently

"It wasn't your fault. They were in your head remember-"

"That doesn't matter. I-"

"It does matter!" He growled lowly making me close my eyes. He sighed moving around again "Jordyn, you can't give up. Think of Mason. Think of Evan, your Dad, Xavier. Everyone you love" he said and I just hugged myself tighter thinking about everyone I love...

How hurt and angry they must be that I've ran away...

How I hurt Evan and Mason before I left...

"Jordyn" Ian whispered and I covered my mouth from making any noise. I muffled a whimper and he let out a pained wine.

"Don't give up" he whispered sighing.

We sat in silence for a while listening to all the growls and the screams echoing throughout the halls.

I froze hearing the clattering of the keys and footsteps walking towards us. I began shaking in fear crawling to the corner of the cell feeling my heart pounding and my hands shaking.

Please don't be me

Please don't be me.

Please...

Please.

I hugged myself with my eyes closed begging and praying quietly, I heard a door unlock and I shut my eyes hugging mused tighter.

"You've been requested" I heard and looked up tensely, I tensed as my cell door was still closed.

"By who?" Ian muttered making the tears roll down my cheeks. "Don't ask questions Mutt. Just follow orders and you or that slut won't get hurt" the guard Wyatt muttered.

Ian growled lowly and I slowly sat up going to the door pushing my weak bones to stand myself up. I held on the door peeking through the small slot as I heard the chains rattle.