Chapter | 14 |

Chapter | 14 |
Mason -

  I walked in the hospital room quietly and looked behind the curtain at Ian sitting there staring out the window. "Ian" I said making him look at me, "Mason. Hi" he said sitting up as I walked to the bed.

"Can we talk?" I asked and he nodded motioning me to sit down. I walked around the bed silently sitting down and he sighed fixing his IV.

"I'm sorry" he said making me frown, "for what?"

"Not being strong enough to protect her" he mumbled making me sigh. "You did everything you could. I don't know exactly what happened in there but I'm so thankful for you for protecting her-"

"She still got captured Mason-"

"I know... But you saved her from dying in that place" I said making him sigh looking down. I leaned back in my seat rubbing my chin, "Ian... I know you're not going to want to talk about this but-"

"I'll tell you anything" he whispered making me sigh, "can you tell me everything you know about the council?" I asked making him sigh. "I don't know much but-"

"Anything. I need to know something about them. Do you know where at least they're located?" I asked making him look down.

"If you don't want to talk I won't pressure you. I can't imagine what they put you through in order to talk" I said honestly as he fiddled with the blanket nervously.

"I'll talk. I just... It's kinda hard" he mumbled weakly with a pained expression. I sighed nodding, "I understand. Take your time" I said even though I wanted to push him so I can find my mate sooner and have her in my arms again...

"Like I told you before I know they're in Europe. London most likely... I don't know where exactly but that's what I last heard about them" he mumbled looking down.

"How many of them is there? 4 right?" I asked and he shook his head making me frown, "there's 7. It's always been 7 of them".

"I only recall 4... That's what I was told... The main alpha who was the first wolf to walk, his mate who has the power to manipulate pain and the warrior. The strongest wolf and I think there's another female..."

"She holds the power of beauty. She lures people in with it and her brother kills them. I believe they're twins, I do know that they are hybrids though" he said making me frown.

"Hybrids?"

"Vampire and werewolf" he nodded making me sigh, "there's another man who controls emotions and the other has the power of healing. He can heal anything and anyone" He explained

"Do you know what they want with her? With jordyn?" I asked making him flinch slightly. He shook his head looking down, "I don't know" he whispered looking down at his shaky hands.

"It's okay. I'll figure everything out. Just focus on getting your health and your strength back-"

"I want to help you find her. It was my responsibility to protect her-"

"And you did your job which I am thankful for. Now it's time for me to do my job" I said putting my hand on his frail arm. "How are you going to find her?" He mumbled looking at me with sad eyes.

"I don't know yet. But I will be going to Europe as soon as possible. Luckily I know an Alpha there who will let me into his territory. Maybe someone can help me from there" I said and he nodded looking down.

"I owe you a lot, Ian" I said and he just closed his eyes, "get some rest" I sighed standing up. He nodded sitting there and I walked out, "Mason. Your Beta is on the phone" Tyler said walking to me motioning to the kitchen.