Chapter | 25 |

Chapter | 25 |
Mason -

"We're almost there. I can feel it close by" Evangeline said quietly as we all walked through the forest on our way to the mansion to get Jordyn back.

"Do you think this will work? Fighting off the council?" She asked nervously, "it has to... We need to get her back" Daniel mumbled walking next to me and I looked behind me at Alpha Caine and his pack walking silently. Caine looked up meeting my eyes and nodded at me.

I sighed looking forward biting my lip thinking about her...

My mate...

My kitten...

I looked up at the sky watching the clouds pass exposing the bright full moon.

She's like the moon of my life...

Fuck that sounds cliché.

I shook my head trying to get the thoughts of the worst case scenario out of my head.

She's fine...

She'll be fine.

I frowned feeling a jolt of heat go down my spine making me shiver. I gulped looking around at everyone walking silently when It hit me... Hard.

The most intense pain I've ever felt.

I cried out falling to the ground making everyone stop, "Fuck!" I roared as I felt like my chest was being ripped open slowly. My heart was racing so fast I thought it would explode.

"Mason!" Daniel said running to me grabbing my shoulder as I felt my stomach twist painfully. Jace howled in pain making me growl loudly digging my nails in the dirt.

What the fuck is happening?!

"Mason? Can you hear me?" Daniel said making me sit up as my ears began to ring.

'I'm sorry Mason...' I heard Jordyn's weak whisper echo in my head making me tense up.

I growled looking up at Evangeline as she was hiding behind Caine looking at me nervously.

"Evangeline!" I barked making her jump up, "take me to that tree" I growled making her frown, "but we're almost at the mansion-"

"NOW!" I yelled making her flinch, she ran to me quickly grabbing my arm putting it around her shoulder helping me up. I leaned against her grunting in pain as I felt another wave of pain in my stomach.

"Daniel keep going to the Mansion. I'll meet you there" I grunted standing up, "Mason-"

"Do it!" I growled and he nodded looking at Caine as Evangeline walked away from them quickly. "Fuck!" I grunted feeling my knees buckle under me, "Come on Mason. Don't focus on the pain" she said quickly holding on to me as I felt my limbs weaken.

I growled falling on my knees feeling the pain intensify in my chest. It felt like a hand was gripping my heart tightly, Jace howled loudly crying in pain making me groan.

"Mason come on! You have to get up!" She said trying to pull me up but I couldn't move. I shook my head digging my fingers in the dirt.

'I'm so sorry' Jordyn's voice whispered making me shut my eyes.

"Mason!" Evangeline's voice echoed as I leaned against the tree breathing hard. "Mason please. Fight it!" She said shaking me hard trying to snap me out of it but the pain was too much.

'I give up...' Jordyn whispered making me cry out. Jace howled at the sound of her pained voice.

"Move" I heard and was grabbed roughly, I opened my eyes seeing Caine grabbing me putting my arm around his shoulders making me stand up.