Chapter |32|

Chapter 32
Jordyn~

I jerked awake gasping loudly hearing Emerson's voice echo in my head. I sighed looking around the room and looked next to me at Mason sleeping, I sat up slowly looking out the room seeing the moonlight shining brightly.

I pushed the sheets off me crawling out of bed and stood up, I cringed at the pain in my abdomen and let out a shaky breath walking to the door.

I slowly opened it looking back at Mason as he snored softly, I bit my lip walking out and looked around the empty hallways. I slowly walked down the hall looking around and spotted the back door.

I just need some air...

I walked out the back door quietly and sighed feeling the soft cool breeze. I bit my lip walking down the steps and onto the soft grass.

'You shouldn't be up' I heard Sarafina say making me tense, it's the first time I heard her voice since that day...

I sighed hugging myself looking around the backyard and looked up at the moon shining brightly.

'You're mad at me' she muttered rolling her eyes.

'You killed people...'

'They deserved it... You killed Emerson and I didn't say anything to you. Why are you angry with me?' She asked making me sigh, I sat on my knees looking at the moonlight.

'Our pup... Why didn't you tell me sooner?' I asked quietly making her look down, "what difference would it make-'

'A lot. I could've worked harder to protect it... I would've fought more. I could've done something'

'No Jordyn, you couldn't.' She whispered sadly

'You shouldn't have gone back to the mansion that day. We could've saved it if we found someplace-'

'He stabbed you Jordyn. He stabbed your uterus deeply, we wouldn't have had a chance to save our pup at all. And I'm so sorry' she said making me look down.

'Don't blame me for this...' She whispered, I closed my eyes feeling the tears roll down my cheeks.

I hugged my legs crying, crying to the gods... Asking them why me? Why let my pup die?... Just why?

I jumped up feeling something around me and looked seeing a blanket, I sniffed looking up seeing Kyren standing there. "You'll catch a cold out here" he said sitting next to me and I sighed "I don't catch colds" I mumbled.

"You can when your body is still healing" he said making me sigh, "why are you crying?" He asked looking at me. I bit my lip tightening the blanket around me, "your pup?" He asked making me close my eyes nodding.

"I feel like I could've saved it" I whispered hugging myself "no love. There was too much damage... I felt it myself" he said sadly.

"I don't even know why I'm like this. I didn't find out till then. I knew I was... Pregnant for like 5 minutes. I barely knew about it and I'm still taking it hard" I mumbled shaking my head.

"It doesn't matter how long you knew. You still had a child in you, anyone would take it hard. Especially when you've gone through so much and to have that happen to you" he said quietly making me look at him.

"You don't think I'm being too dramatic?"

"God no. You've been through so much these past few months and then to lose a pup in such a way. I expected a serious breakdown... You're not being too dramatic Jordyn. Don't think that" he said and I sighed looking down at my bare feet.

"Your mate is here" he whispered making me look at him, "he doesn't like me very much does he?" He asked and I looked inside seeing Mason standing there watching us.
He looked at Kyren with hard eyes and I sighed "he just doesn't trust people that easily... Especially now" I said and he nodded.