Chapter | 12 |

Chapter | 12 |
Mason -

  I walked out the infirmary running my fingers through my hair sighing loudly. "How does it look?" I heard and looked at Daniel standing there. "Not good" I mumbled and he just sighed looking down.

"Tyler's beta said This Raphael guy dragged her away after what he did..."

"Ian mentioned that the council is located in Europe... Do you think they made it there or they're still around?"

"I don't even know anymore" I whispered sitting down putting my head in my hands. He sat next to me sighing "you're giving up?"

"Hell No! I'm not giving up until she's back here safe and sound" I muttered and he just looked at me. "So what do we do now?"

"I just... I don't know what to do anymore" I mumbled looking down and he patted my shoulder squeezing it. "I should've known when I realised she was acting differently..."

"You couldn't have known... You were also going through your own problems.. Dealing with that witch and all" he mumbled.

"She was seeing her mother... I thought she was going crazy for a minuet... I would've never thought some witch is getting in her head because of some fucking tea"

"You didn't know Mason. Don't blame yourself for something you didn't know" Daniel said shaking his head and I just sat there. "When we got up to the mountains and found Ian... I thought... I thought she was dead... I thought they killed her... I felt everything just crashing down around me... I felt empty... Just all numb" I mumbled and he sighed.

"I know how that felt... I was the same way when I saw Mariah's body" he mumbled making me look at him. "How did you live with it? The pain of not being with her...
Cause this shit hurts" I mumbled.

"Well... I had my little girl. Jordyn saved me really... Jordyn and Derek. He pushed me to get a hold of myself so I can raise Jordyn the right way. He told me how much she needed me and she did... I wasn't going to leave her all alone...I couldn't. She needed her father" he said looking down rubbing his arm.

"I did everything I could to make her happy... Just her smile and her laugh alone made it worth it... She was my only reason to live really..." he smiled softly making me look down picturing Jordyn's smile.

"She took care of me a lot even though I was supposed to do that. My god did she grow up fast... Too fast. But she's a strong girl... Whoever took her; I'm sure she's giving them hell" he said and I chuckled shaking my head.

****
  I sat on the back porch looking out towards the forest with my arms crossed over my chest. I stared at the moonlight thinking about where Jordyn could be at... Or what happening to her...

"So serious" I heard and looked up seeing my mom standing there...

My mom... Whose Alive...

"Mama" I whispered sitting up straight and she smiled waking in holding the blanket around her. "You're so different from when I last saw you. Much more serious" she said cupping my cheek and I leaned into her touch missing her so much.

She sat down next to me sighing and looked at the sky smiling. "I haven't seen the outside world in years" she whispered quietly making me look down clenching my jaw.

"They can't find him... Hopkins... But when I do find him, I'll make sure I'll kill him" I said and she looked at me. "Your father-"

"He's no father to me" I whispered darkly picturing him beating her or hitting my mate...

She sighed taking my hand holding it and just looked at me, "Were you there this whole time?" I asked and she nodded. "At first he had me in some cabin deep in the woods... I don't know how long I was there but I remember him dragging me to the facility..." She mumbled staring at the floor with a blank expression.

"I always knew deep down you were alive... No matter how many times he told me... I never believed him" I said squeezing her hand staring at her and she just smiled sadly at me.

"I gave up fighting him after he told me you were dead... Life wasn't worth it if my boy was gone" she whispered moving my hair out of my face.

"Then I see Jordyn... I don't know how but she knew who I was and she told me you were alive" she said breathlessly smiling with tears in her eyes.

"What happened in there?... What did they do to her? To you? To Ian" I whispered and she looked down biting her lip. "It's best if you don't know" she whispered and I just stared at her.

"Was it bad?"

She looked at me with tears in her eyes nodding, "they tortured us... More them than me actually" she mumbled making me look down closing my eyes.

"That Ian boy... He's gone through so much to protect her" she whispered shaking her head.

She looked at me as I stared at the grass thinking about mine and Jordyn's last night together...

"She promised me she wouldn't leave" I whispered and she just stared at me. "I miss her so much Mama... I've never felt so weak in my life. Never felt this hopeless and empty inside" I whispered shaking my head. She sighed pulling me to her and I put my head on her shoulder closing my eyes.

"I know you'll get her back" she whispered stroking my hair. "Even if I do... I don't think things will ever be the same again" I mumbled.

"As long as you two will be together then nothing else will matter" she said hugging me and I closed my eyes putting my face in her neck.

"I missed you Mama" I whispered making her tighten her grip on me. "i missed you so much more sweetheart" she whispered kissing my head.