Chapter |40|

Chapter 40 -
Mason-

  I stood in the bedroom trying to tie my tie but this damn cloth wasn't cooperating with me. I sighed shaking my head yanking it off throwing it on the bed angrily, there was a knock on the door making me look up.

"What?" I muttered as the door opened revealing my mother. "Are you ready?" She asked peeking in smiling

"Almost" I muttered tucking my shirt into my pants "what happened to your tie?" She asked walking in and I looked at her olive green dress.

"It wasn't working-"

"It wasn't working or you just couldn't do it?" She smirked picking it up, I grumbled fixing my clothes and she chuckled walking to me fixing my collar tying the tie for me. "You look grumpy. Smile. It's your wedding day for crying out loud"

"I would've been happier if you hadn't taken my mate from me yesterday" I said and she rolled her eyes "it's just one night Mason. And she was just downstairs" she said fixing my collar "yeah well, I hate being away from her" I said looking down at her and she just smiled smoothing down the tie.

"There we go" she smiled up at me, "you should see her. She looks gorgeous" she said making me smile thinking about Jordyn in a wedding dress.

"Come on. Put on your blazer" she said fixing my hair, I grabbed the black blazer putting it on fixing it and she smiled smoothing it out on my shoulders "so handsome" she smiled at me fixing my hair.

"Okay" I chuckled moving her hands and she just smiled widely, "come on" she said running out and I chuckled shaking my head following her out going downstairs fixing my cuff links.

"Fane! I lost Jordyn" Evangeline said running out wearing a burgundy dress, "what?!" Me and Mom said at the same time. "She was just in the room and nobody has seen her" Evie said shrugging and I closed my eyes inhaling deeply finding Jordyn's scent. I walked down the stairs quickly going down the hall following her scent.

"Mason!" Fane said following me as I walked to my office following her scent, I opened the door quickly and looked in seeing Jordyn sitting on her knees with her back to us by the window breathing hard.

"Jordyn" I said going to her quickly, "I can't breathe" she mumbled holding her chest and I went behind her quickly unzipping her dress making her sigh deeply. "What happened?" I said cupping her face "I don't know" she mumbled looking down.

"Give us a moment"

"But the-"

"Mom! Give us a moment!" I said sternly and she nodded closing the door walking away. "Hey" I said cupping her face and she sniffed looking at me, "what's going on?" I asked.

"I don't know. I was fine a minute ago but then..." She mumbled running her hands down her dress, she closed her eyes crying and I wrapped my arms around her, "you miss your mom?" I mumbled and she just cried nodding. "I'm sure she's here right now. And that she's very proud of you" I said looking down at her. "For what?" She sniffed frowning "for everything you've done. I know I'm proud of you" I said and she just sighed looking at my tie.

"You really think she's here?" She whispered quietly and I nodded "I know so" I said kissing her head.

I sat on the floor next to her and she put her head on my chest wiping her tears away. "I ruined my make up" she mumbled and I looked at her wiping away the eyeliner; "you still look beautiful" I said and she chuckled holding my hand.

"You know I heard it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding-"

"Well that's bullshit" I mumbled rubbing her soft hand feeling my wolf finally calm down. We sat in silence and she sighed biting her lip hugging my arm. "We're getting married in a few minutes" she mumbled and I rubbed her leg "we are" I sighed leaning my head back.