Chapter | 17 |

Hi...
I know this is a very late update.
Sorry!
Please don't hate me!
Pleaseeeee.

Anyway. I hope you enjoy this quick chapter.
********
Chapter | 17 |
Jordyn~
*
Evangeline's p.o.v

  "You said she would be like this for 2 days..." I mumbled holding the bowl of cool water. "I said 2-3 days. Depending on how her body is, she should be back on he feet by tomorrow" Kyren said moving Jordyn's hair as she laid in bed sleeping.

"Will she be okay?" I asked worriedly as she whimpered hugging herself, "she'll be fine Evangeline. Trust me. Just give her nutrients, maybe some soup and she'll be okay" he said standing up.

"She hasn't said a word for days. She just lays there staring out the window"

"Her wolf is going to be more difficult since she doesn't have her mate" he said standing up buttoning his jacket closed. "Like I've been saying. Give it till tomorrow. If she's still like this I'll do something to help the process faster" he said walking to me and I nodded looking at Jordyn.

"You've grown fond of her" he said looking down at me tilting his head, "I have" I said and he just smirked. He touched my chin making me blush, he chuckled walking out the room and I sighed walking to the bed placing the bowl on the end table sitting on the edge of the bed.

I moved Jordyn's hair from her sweaty forehead, I dipped the cloth in the bowl and wet her forehead hoping to cool down her fever.

"Mason" she whispered making me sigh. "He's coming" I whispered holding her shaky hand, I bit my lip sitting there silently and looked out the window wondering where her mate might be...

What if he's not coming?

No. I know he is. She said he's an Alpha.

No Alpha is just going to let their mate go.

"Mason" she whimpered crying making me tighten my grip on her hand, she laid on her side holding her stomach in pain. "Just one more day and this pain will go away okay?" I said moving her hair and she nodded.

I wiped her forehead and the back of her neck making her sigh, "Mason will come. You will be with your mate again" I whispered to her moving her hair off her neck and fixed the covers over her.

"Please" she whispered.

I put the cloth in the water and stood up sighing, "I'm going to get you some lunch" I said hoping she could hear me. I sighed straightening my uniform out walking out the room closing the door behind me.

I walked down the hall towards the kitchen quietly and looked up seeing Kyren walking out the kitchen. "I was just informing the cooks to make some soup" he said looking at me, "I could've done that" I said and he just smiled at me and walked away making me blush.

I bit my lip going in the kitchen sighing, "you've got it bad" I heard and looked up seeing my best friend Martin grinning at me. "I don't know what you're talking about" I mumbled and he just snorted chopping up some carrots.

"Right. All he has to do is smile at you and you turn red" he teased making me blush looking away. He chuckled looking at me and I just shook my head sighing, "how's the girl?" He asked as I leaned on the counter.

"She's still sick... Well healing. Poor girl keeps crying out her mates name" I said making him shake his head.

"Martin, do you think we can have a mate?" I asked making him snort. "I doubt that" he said making me sigh, "I've always wanted a mate" I whispered looking down, I always had dreams about having a mate... Dreams of Kyren being my mate.