Chapter 9

Reader's P.O.V

I walk into the hospital where Sasuke was put in. One of the nurses told me his room number, so I currently am walking to his room.

Finally arriving at his room I knock twice and enter. "Sorry for intruding." I whisper as I close the door. I see Kakashi sitting beside Sasuke's bed. "How's he?" I ask Kakashi concerned. "He needs to rest, that's everything." Kakashi-sensei reassures, but I'm not happy with his answer.

"Look, Kakashi-sensei. I healed him back then in the second part of the exams, I know what I sensed back then. Please tell me the truth behind all this." I demand politetly. Kakashi only sighs in defeat. "You're too smart to trick, aren't you?" He states as he looks at me. "Alright. He was bitten by Orochimaru who's one of the four Sannin. Orochimaru probably wants Sasuke for his Sharingan, so he bit him. Sasuke will probably want more power, at least that's what he told Sasuke, and then Sasuke supposedly will go to Orochimaru by his own will." Kakashi-sensei explains with a deeper voice than usual.

I gasp slightly at his explanation and turn my gaze to Sasuke who's still unconcious. "W-will he really leave us?" I ask sad. "No, he won't. Sasuke's smarter than that." Kakashi reassures. "But why would Sasuke want more power?" I ask a bit confused. Kakashi narrows his eyes at me. "You don't know?" He asks suprised. I shake my head as a response. "You know the thing about Uchiha Itachi, his older brother, right?" Kakashi questions me. I nod with a frown. "Sasuke wants to kill his own brother as revenge." Kakashi-sensei explains. I widen my eyes at his response. "How... come I never knew that?" I ask really sad.

"He probably didn't want you to worry about him." Kakashi-sensei says with a smile. He slowly stands up and walks towards me. I look at Kakashi with my teary eyes. "Everything will be alright." Kakashi says with a calming voice as he pets my head. I slowly smile at him, still with teary eyes. "I know." I state.

I sit down next to Sasuke's bed. Kakashi explained earlier that all winners have one month to prepare themselves for the fights. I'll have to train even harder in this one month. Yuri-sama will help me, so it will be even more effective.

Sasuke suddenly begins to shift around. "Sasuke!" I whisper-yell at him. "(Y/N)?" He asks confused. "Hey." I smile gently at him. Sasuke turns away from me which lets me stay in the cold. "Huh?" I exclaim out of confusion. "Don't look at me." He mumbles. "Wha- why?" I ask him baffled. "Because I lost, that's why." He explains ashamed. "You won, Sasuke." I explain to him. He turns back to me with a slight smirk. "Oh, of course I did." He says confidently. I laugh at Sasuke, because I've never seen him so confused before.

"What about your fight? Shouldn't you be there with the others?" Sasuke asks as he slowly sits up. "I already won. I left right after I won, but they are already done with all the fights." I explain as I lean against the window. "So what now?" Sasuke asks. Right when I want to say something, I get interrupted by Kakashi-sensei who just entered the room again. "Now you're going to train with me for a month in order to prepare yourself for the final part of the Chunin exams." Kakashi-sensei explains. "Hn." Sasuke smirks. "Wait, as in right now? He isn't fit yet." I exclaim worried.

"Sorry, (Y/N)." Sasuke says as he leaves with Kakashi, leaving a confused me behind. Right at this moment the door shuts open. "Sasuke-kun!" Sakura shouts happily. Sakura and Naruto are standing there while there's no Sasuke. "H-hi guys." I greet them awkwardly. I explain why Sasuke isn't here and congratulate Sakura for her fight with Ino. Even though it was a tie between them, I heard that she fought really good.

Naruto, Sakura and I walk out of the hospital and talk about the other fights that have happened while I wasn't there. "Aito's in the hospital too." Sakura tells me. I look at her with a baffled expression. "So?" I ask her. "So you should visit him! He clearly likes you and you kinda did fool him. That was kinda harsh." Sakura explains to me. "Alright, alright. I'll visit him. Bye guys!" I say with my head hanging down as I walk back to the hospital.