Chapter 14

Reader's P.O.V

I woke up really early today in order to bake cookies for Sasuke. It's been a long time since I baked cookies, but I still have the drift of it. As I bake while singing to myself, I hear the door open quietly. I see Yuri-sama entering with a suprised look.

"You're up early? Wow, that's never happened before. What's the occasion?" Yuri-sama asks as she walk over to the counter on which I'm cooking. "I'm baking cookies for Sasuke." I say while putting the first load of cookies into the oven. "So it's Sasuke then?" She asks while wiggling her eyebrows as she did yesterday.

My expression changes into a confused one. "What do you mean?" I ask her as I set the time for the cookies. "You have a crush on him, don't you?" Yuri-sama questions while smirking. "I-I don't!" I exclaim embarrassed. "Of course you don't." Yuri-sama states sarcastically which makes me roll my eyes at her.

After I finish baking, I clean everything up and put the cookies into a nice box. "I'm going now." I say to her as I open the door. "Sure, have fun with Sasuke-kun." Yuri-sama sings. I roll my eyes again and leave my house.

It's still early, but I do want to see Sasuke as early as possible. I don't know why, but I just want to. Konoha is still pretty empty, but there are already people setting up their shops. I feel a slight breeze as the sun shines down on me. 'What a wonderful day.' I think to myself as I continue walking.

Arriving at the hospital, I go to the counter. "Hello miss, may I visit Uchiha Sasuke?" I ask the woman behind the counter politely. She nods and I walk up to Sasuke's room.

I knock twice on the door and enter. "Sorry for intruding." I whisper as I close the door behind me. Sasuke looks at me with a confused expression. "Hey." I greet him with a smile. "Hi?" He almost asks. I look at him weirdly as I sit down next to his bed. "Something the matter?" I ask him. "No, but it's still really early." Sasuke says while looking outside the window. "Uh, I guess so. I just wanted to see you, to be honest." I confess while my grip around the box with the cookies tightens.

Sasuke turns to me and smirks. "Hn. Is that so?" He asks while smirking. "Y-yeah anyways, I baked you these." I say to change the subject and show him the box with cookies. Sasuke takes the box and opens it. "Cookies? I don't like sweets." He says with a disintrested look. "I know, that's why I made special ones. They're not sweet." I explain to him with a small smile. Sasuke's expression changes into an impressed one as he tries one of the cookies. "They're actually good." Sasuke admits which makes me smile. "That's good." I say to him.

"How are you?" I ask him shyly. "Better." Sasuke simply says. I roll my eyes at him. "Come on, Duckbutt. Tell me more." I demand with a pout. "Stop with that nickname. What should I tell you? The hospital is annoying. The people that come to visit me are annoying." He explains while eating another cookie. I frown at his statement. "Annoying, huh?" I ask him with a fake smile. "Of course everyone but you." He mumbles quietly.

"Were you with Naruto the whole time when I was unconcious?" Sasuke asks me as he slowly closes the box with the cookies and puts them away. "Yes. I mean, he went to search for Lady Tsunade first, then I decided to go help him." I explain to him without mentioning that I only went because of him. "Why did you go with that idiot?" Sasuke scowls. "Uh, because you needed help." I quietly say. "What?" Sasuke asks, because he didn't understand me. "I MEAN, because Kakashi-sensei and you needed help." I quickly correct myself.

There now is silence between us. I think of the statement that Kakashi-sensei said once. 'He wouldn't leave us.' I hear Kakashi-sensei's voice in my head.

I slowly look at Sasuke's face. "You-you won't leave us, right?" I ask him shyly with a sad tone. He looks at me suprised as he starts to smirk. "Afraid that I would leave you?" Sasuke says with his smirk. "N-NO! Of course not. Hmph." I exclaim as I turn away from him and cross my arms in front of my chest.