Chapter 15

Reader's P.O.V

I couldn't sleep last night, so I'm up early. I walk out of our house to get fresh air. I walk around in Konoha as I enjoy the weather.

"(Y/N)-CHAN!" I hear Naruto yell after me. 'Why is he up so early?' I ask myself as I turn around. There I see Naruto, Shikamaru, Neji, Kiba and Choji. "Naruto?" I ask confused. "The bastard's gone." Naruto says to me. "Sasuke's gone? Where is he?" I ask him in panic. "That's what we need to find out. I think he left without saying anything." Naruto explains.

I quickly hold my breath and close my eyes. "Let me help you." I request as I open my eyes and breath out again. "No." Shikamaru says to me. "What? Why not? I'm your best chance to find him." I shout at Shikamaru angrily. "I said no. We have Neji. Lady Tsunade announced me as the Chuunin leader and also said that we couldn't get you involved, because she needed to talk to you." Shikamaru explains.

"That woman." I mumble angrily. I get a grip of Naruto's collar. "You better find him and bring him back! I trust you the most, Naruto!" I angrily say to him, making him shiver. "YES MA'AM!" He shouts to me. "Now go!" I yell at the group as I let go of Naruto.

I sigh as I walk to the Hokage's office. I knock twice as soon as I get to the door and enter. "You wanted to speak to me?" I ask Lady Tsunade politely as I close the door. "Ah yes, (Y/N). I heard you did a good job at the Chuunin exams and I also saw you when you were training. I thought about it and I realized that you should be a Chuunin." Tsunade explains to me with a smile.

I sit down on the chair in front of her desk and look confused. "Wait, just like that? You just sign something and boom, I'm a Chuunin?" I ask her baffled. "Well, yes. That's how easy it is." She admits while showing me the paper. "You want to be a Chuunin, right?" She asks me. "No, I don't want t- OF COURSE I WANT TO BE ONE! What a question." I say to her sarcastically. She laughs at my sarcasm and signs the paper.

"Here, you're a Chuunin now." Lady Tsunade says while handing me the paper. "Wow, this really is a boring way of becoming a Chuunin." I sigh out. "Well sorry, now get your uniform." She says to me while slapping me on the butt as a sign to go. "Are you a pervert too now? Gosh." I roll my eyes at her as she continues to laugh.

I get my uniform and look at it. 'This is what I wanted, but why do I feel so empty? It's probably because of the boring way of getting it.' I think to myself as I put the uniform into my bag.

I walk out of the Hokage building and go walk around in Konoha. I spot a certain pinkette that I recognize as my best friend. "Sakura-chan!" I yell at her with a big smile. She looks at me with a frown. My smile immediately fades at her sight. "What's with you?" I ask her concerned. "Sasuke-kun's gone." She says with a little voice. "Naruto will find him and bring him back, I swear." I reassure her even though I'm not sure myself.

"Anyways, look! I'm a Chuunin now!" I shout happily as I show her my uniform. Her frown turns into a smile. "Oh gosh, that's so cool! How did you manage that?" Sakura asks me with enthusiasm. "Lady Tsunade said that I'm a great shinobi and deserve to be a Chuunin." I explain to my best friend. She smiles at me while nodding.

"I need to go now, sorry (Y/N)-chan!" Sakura says as she runs off. "Bye, Sakura-chan!" I yell back at her.

I now walk home and get changed into my new uniform, that I immediately show to Yuri-sama. "Oh my, you look so cute!" She squeals as she hugs me. "I'm proud of you." She whispers as she kisses my forehead.

I've always dreamt about having someone like a mother to me. And I've always dreamt of someone saying 'Im proud of you' to me. I finally feel like I actually have a family, even if it's a small one, I appreciate it.