Hogwarts Express

Harry's POV

Ron, Hermione, and I manage to make it onto platform 9 3/4 without much difficulty. We do, however, have problems finding an empty compartment. With so many students coming back there are no empty seats. Some of the teachers are attempting to put enlarging charms on the train but are having problems with all of the students trying to say their goodbye's to their families.

After a few minutes of searching we head straight to the last compartment and knock lightly, hearing a cold, drawling, voice say "Enter."

With hesitation we slide the door open and step in to see Draco Malfoy sitting there lounging across two of the four seats. He doesn't even open his eyes to check who it but instead asks sarcastically, "And who exactly has granted me with their presence?"

"Well Mr. Malfoy, it seems it is Potter, Granger, and Weasley." I say in a posh voice. His eyes snap open and he looks over at us in confusion before asking in an almost frightened voice, "What do you need?"

"Three seats, and this compartment appears to fit the requirements if you could kindly move your legs." I say with a kind of confidence I never knew I could have. He pulls his legs down and nods towards the sears, leaning his head against the window and closes his eyes again.

I slide into the seat next to him as Ron and Hermione sit across from us.

Nearly thirty minutes have passed by and Draco is asleep, while the other two hold hands and talk as if we don't exist. I decide to simply sleep to pass the time.

Draco's POV

After being on the train for an hour I awaken to someone thrashing about next to me. I open my eyes to see Potter moving around as if fighting off something. I notice his closed eyes and the absence of Weasel and Mudblood and realize that if I want to stop his movement I will have to wake him myself. With that I reach my hand towards him hesitantly and lightly shake him. Well I try to shake him lightly, except with the little effort I manage to move his whole body. His eyes abruptly open, and he quickly wipes the tears threatening to fall. Harry blinks rapidly looking around before staring at me.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" He utters out weakly. I nod and mumble, "It is fine. Do you have dreams that awful normally?" He shakes his head and stutters, "N-no fir-rst in a long ti-ime." Then he adds a tiny, fake smile while looking down. I am about to make a comment when Mudblood and Weasel walk in. "We are nearly there, you should change into your robes," says Hermione already dressed.

They both then exit to allow us to change. Which we do in silence. I want to bring up the nightmare, for some reason I am extremely interested by it. However, I don't want to push Potter into hating me, even more than he already does. Especially since all of my "friends" from last year either won't be there this year or hate me for joining Potter's side. Plus, he saved my life when my idiotic 'friend' nearly killed us all.

As I am letting these thoughts go through my mind the train lurches and I fall back and Potter falls on top of me.

Okay, this is horrible. I am so sorry. It is also pretty short. Super sorry guys. Next chapter should be longer and more eventful...(Hopefully...) ~ Love Alyssa