The Hearing Is Soon

Draco's POV

My trial is today. They will decide my fate based upon the evidence. I'm not worried, seeing as I have Pansy and Hermione on my side.

At least, I had them. Now I'm terrified of this outcome. Without Hermione I have no chance. She coincidentally ended up forgetting that she had to restore her parents memories today.

I run my hand through my oily unkempt hair out of nervousness.

Pansy will figure this out, right? Or maybe Potter. All that matters is that they prove my innocence. I can't go to Azkaban for the one thing I actually didn't do.

Harry's POV

I have been searching aimlessly for someone the jury would trust to perform the spell without tampering with it. Pansy is his best friend, and ex girlfriend so she is out. Ron is his old enemy, I can't perform the spell on myself. There has to be someone trustworthy enough. They can't be Slytherin or else tampering will be suspected. No one who holds a grudge against any of the Malfoy's.

My mind goes blank as I can't think of anyone who fits the necessary criteria. Unless a certain someone is willing. I run out of the common room and head towards Hufflepuff for the person who is certain to help. It doesn't take long before I am standing outside the door waiting for a Hufflepuff to leave.

It doesn't take long for Seamus to step out nodding at me. I assume he is heading to see Dean. I walk into the room and begin to look for my close friend, Neville. I quickly find him sitting in a chair hunched over, studying. He looks up at me and immediately engulfs me in a hug.

"Harry, I've been so worried. Madam Pomfrey wouldn't let me in, she kept saying you needed rest and such. I am so glad you are okay. Did Malfoy do this to you like everyone is saying?"

I sit down with Neville and explain what actually happened and explain that I need him to do the spell, seeing as no one who has half a brain would think he'd tamper with evidence. He agrees without hesitation saying,

"I am not Malfoy's biggest fan, however, he shouldn't be imprisoned for something that isn't his fault." After that we took the time to catch up with each other when he explained he had to go meet up with Blaise, I left the common room smiling widely knowing I'd be able to help Draco.

Pansy's POV

I am laying on my bed waiting for Draco's trial. Nerves are washing over me as I worry that without Hermione, we won't make it. Potter said not to worry, but I dont know if I trust him enough.

Hermione told me I should sleep seeing as I'm incredibly sleep deprived from searching for the spell and worrying over her and Draco. I simply can't sleep knowing my brother is in trouble for something that isn't his fault. I just wish I could be more helpful.

I feel something fall onto my back and recognize it as a note. I hand the delivery owl a treat before ripping it open. It reads

My Dearest Pansy,

I wish to inform you of my marriage, enclosed are photos. I would have invited you to the wedding, however, the man is unaware of you. I told him I was sending these to a cousin, for he doesn't need to know about you. You are old enough to take care of yourself, so I wish not to speak of you in my romantic relationships. From now on, when you address me, please recline from any language that could inform him of my motherly status. I love you, darling.

~Your Mummy

I am filled with rage and I rip the note to shreds. I scream into my pillow and then fall asleep.

A/N omg, guyssss im back. hello. im sorry ive been gone for so long, thank you all for being patient, i am very sorry this is short and not the best, I promise ill try to update more often. I love you all so much! ~Love Aly💚