Injured Since Day One

WARNING: A lot of mentions of self harm and eating disorders. I forgot this in the description (it is added now) but for any readers that might not check the description here it is. Please do not continue reading if you even think my story could trigger you. Stay safe and enjoy the chapter. :)

Harry's POV

I fall directly onto Malfoy and scramble to get up. My head is pounding, I believe I may have hit it on the table as I fell. I manage to pull myself up and turn to make sure Draco is okay and see him looking at me already.

He glances at my head and grimaces. I give him a look of confusion and he simply touches my forehead pulling his hand away and showing it to me. A dark red liquid covers his fingers and I slowly realize that I am bleeding.

"Oh. Well, I'll just go to a teacher and ask them to heal it. I guess." I say quietly. He nods and I turn around trying to head towards the exit but I suddenly feel extremely lightheaded and my legs are barely supporting my weight. I see bright, tiny, white dots scattered across my vision and I swear I hear a high pitch buzz from my right.

Draco's POV

Harry falls over and I can tell he has passed out. I sigh and pick him up knowing most of the teachers and students have already left the train and he needs help. He is a lot lighter than I anticipated and I nearly forget he is in my arms on the way to the horseless carriages. I manage to get in a last minute seat with Loony Lovegood and Neville Longbottom. No surprise that their carriage had space.

They gave me suspicious looks when I began to climb in but immediately lost interest in me once they saw Potter. They took turns asking questions and I tried my hardest to be patient seeing as they were his proper friends and not me. I answered as best as I could and managed to only snap twice at Longbottom and once at Lovegood. I simply ignored their comments about how this seemed like something I would do and instead reminded them of who carried him from the train.

The rest of the ride was silent and I carried Harry to the hospital wing certain that it was only a minor cut that could be cured using 'episkey' but decided that should be up to Madam Pomfrey.

When he got to the hospital wing Madam Pomfrey began to heal him. I was correct with the cut being simple however she said a couple things I wasn't expecting such as, "Although this was an easy fix, he is severely malnourished and I am unsure of a quick way to fix that. He also has deep gashes on his wrist that he seems to be letting heal without magic. Those could be healed quickly, however he may have more somewhere else on his body I am unsure of. We will have to wait for him to awaken to talk to him about it. You may go down to the Great Hall for the sorting if you wish. Oh, and resorting will be held tomorrow morning at eight."

I nod and try to take in everything she just said. I sit down and decide I don't care about the feast seeing as I am not very hungry anyway.

Harry's POV

I wake up in the hospital wing. I sit up and turn my head to the right to see Draco sitting in one of the uncomfortable chairs asleep. I am utterly confused and look around trying to remember why I am in here, and why Draco, of all people, is here.

I finally give up and say Draco's name loud enough to wake him but too quiet to wake Madam Pomfrey. He rubs his eyes sleepily before opening them and looking at me, yawning. "Mmh? Yes, Harry?"

"Why am I here? Why are you here?" I respond.

"When you passed out I carried you here so Pomfrey could heal you. I am here because I need to talk to you and I am the only one, aside from Longbottom and Lovegood that knows you are injured. They visited earlier but Pomfrey said only one person could stay over night, I won that argument."