Hit The Books

Hermione's POV

Professor McGonagall explained the predicament to Pansy and I.

She explained why she chose us and what she wants us to do. Pansy first destroyed our dorm and then begin plotting revenge, on Nott. After about an hour of me telling her that revenge was pointless and her ignoring me, I gave up and tried a different tactic.

"Wouldn't it be smarter to get Malfoy out of Azkaban and then let him get revenge himself? Picture Nott's face when Malfoy attacks him, the one who is supposed to be imprisoned for his crime."

She stops pacing and glares at me, slowly her face softens and she mumbles, progressively getting louder, "I hate to admit it, but I think that would be better. Let's get to work."

After twenty minutes of us tossing out ideas the other girls who share our dorm all come in giggling. Pansy scoffs at them and turns towards me, "We are going to need to arrange new living quarters with the Headmistress, we can't stay up late, working on the project, with them here." She says with a hint of secrecy in her voice.

I can imagine why she wants to keep her best friends imprisonment undisclosed. I nod and signal her to follow me.

We speak with McGonagall again and she agrees to give us a a private living place for the two of us. She also gave me a written passage into the library's restricted section, and a note for each of us forcing Madam Pince to allow us to check out as many books as we'd like. We will be excused from classes as long as we continue to maintain our grades, all of our homework will be shortened to become a bit more convenient. She said for the night just sleep in our current dorm and she will work on getting our new chamber set up for the next day.

Pansy and I instead asked for a note allowing us to have all night access to the library. We were granted everything we asked for and now we were in the library reading up on anything possibly related. It was going to be a long few weeks.

A/n: Okay, I am really sorry this took forever. I am also sorry that it is incredibly short. I hope it isn't as bad as I think it is. I promise the next chapter will be longer and hopefully more entertaining. Thank you guys so much for reading, voting, and commenting. It encourages me to continue writing, it gives me purpose to write. Thank you so much. Please comment and vote and continue reading. ~Love Aly