The First Night

Hermione's POV
They decided that all of the new girls would be joined in one room. This meant Pansy, me, and three other girls I don't know were sharing a dorm.

I didn't mind except that Pansy wanted to rip my head off. She was making rude remarks about having to have her bed next to mine and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

And I used to think Ron was immature. I ignored her as best as I could. I finished up and decided to head down to the common room. I left without looking back.

Pansy's POV
I had to share a dorm with that disgusting mudblood. My bed was even next to hers. I am almost certain this is some cruel joke.

The other girls constantly kept sneaking glances in my direction until I got annoyed. "Stop looking at me like that before I hex you into oblivion." I say without looking at them.

It doesn't take but a mere second for the dorm to empty as the girls run for safety. I smirk and hum happily.

Harry's POV
The new guys would be sharing a dorm. Which meant Draco and me. That was every guy in 7th year that was sorted into Ravenclaw.

I am pretty sure I will end up being hexed in my sleep if I annoy him in anyway.  

He has been completely silent as we pack our things away and get used to our new dorm. I hurry and leave the room before any conversation can start and head down the stairs towards our common room. 

I notice a couple other students but one bushy haired girl stands out and I smile slightly walking up to her. We have a small conversation before heading down for lunch. 

~Time skip to ten minutes past curfew~

I rush towards Ravenclaw's common room. I made the mistake of going to Gryffindor before realizing my mess up. I was so tired and disoriented that I couldn't come up with a good enough answer to get past the portrait. 

I stood outside for a good twenty minutes before the portrait flung open and two arms were pulling me through. I couldn't tell who it was, but I allowed myself to be taken away, not caring about the outcome. 

I fell onto a soft cushion and realizing it was my bed. I passed out without thanking the person. 

Draco's POV

It was thirty minutes past curfew and Potter still hadn't showed up. I began to feel slightly worried and decided to go out and look for him. However, as soon as the portrait opened I found him. 

I was grateful I didn't have to look for him and reached out and pulled him in. He seemed unaware and half-way to dreamland so I just began the journey to our dorm, pulling him fully into my arms. 

I lied him down on his bed and he was out like a light. If only sleep came so easily for me. I laid there for about an hour, different thoughts running through my mind. 

I wondered if mother was alright. Ever since the Dark Lord's downfall father was being more irrational and violent. I don't know if he ever actually hit my mum, but he was constantly downing another glass of firewhisky and breaking things in his fits of rage. I wish she would just leave him but she refuses. 

It doesn't take but another hour before I fall asleep. 

Hermione's POV

Pansy and I had been respectfully ignoring each other's presence all night. While I was doing some last minute rereading in some of my textbooks I noticed the three other girls staring at Pansy and whispering. 

I felt annoyed at how rude they were being and after a few minutes of being unable to concentrate I snapped at them. "Staring is rude. If you continue I might have to take away house points for being disrespectful to a fellow Ravenclaw." 

Pansy looked at me with utmost shock before rolling her eyes and saying, "I can handle myself, I don't need help from a filthy mudblood." 

I waited for everyone else to fall asleep before slipping into bed and falling asleep. 

Ron's POV

I lay in bed as silence fills the room. Dean, my only roommate left, snuck out and headed to the room of requirements to be with Seamus. I fall asleep thinking about missing Hermione and Harry. 

A/N I will leave what Dean and Seamus are doing up to you. ;) Sorry for the short, crappy update. I just wanted to get something out for Christmas. I am running on four hours of sleep in the last 48 hours and it is 3:30 in the morning.  I am heading to bed after this. Anywho, Happy Christmas and if you don't celebrate Christmas, HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 

Ps: When I started this I didn't really have an idea for the plot so...I am writing whatever comes to mind. If you have any good ideas you want to see in this book PM me and I will dedicate a chapter to you as a thanks. I really need an idea before this book ends up a train wreck. 

PPS: I have another story idea that is Harry Potter related that I am going to write after this one ends. I actually have that plot figured out though so hopefully it runs smoother than this. That is all. ~Love Aly