Hell Is So Close To Heaven

A/N: I flipped around the song of this chapter and the song of the last one to make it fit better. This is the full chapter. Finally.

_

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: The Strays

BY: Sleeping With Sirens

"Hold on, don't look back

You know we're better, we're better than that

Lost and thrown away

You know we're better, we're better than that

We are the strays..."

Vic's P.O.V

"I'm not supposed to do this." Joanne said, folding her arms and leaning back in her royall throne.

"Please!" I begged for the third time, trying not to look as pathetic as I sounded.

"Vic, what do you not understand about, patients not being allowed onto the roof-"

"Arwin would be with us!" I said quickly, nudging Arwin, who is standing next to me, looking more nervous than I did. Despite being intimidated by Joanne, he quickly nodded. Joanne looked to be as if she was actually thinking about this...but only for a second. She unfolded her arms and leaned over her desk, resting her elbows on it.

She sighed, still unimpressed, "Who, exactly, do you want to go up there with you?"

I can usually get people to do what I want, and this means she is considering it. Once I get people to at least 'consider' what I want them to do, it's a lot easier to convince them. Maybe it's the part of me that finds it easy to manipulate people without feeling bad, who knows... I wasn't trying to do anything bad this time. I was actually doing something...nice...and for someone else. So, I guess that's an improvement.

"Well...Arwin, of course, Alex, probably Jack..." I rolled my eyes and huffed but still tried to sound nice, "Miranda... and-..."

Oh great.

"And?" She said, waiting for me to finish.

It seems one tiny detail has slipped my mind, therefore, putting a flaw in my plan...

I nervously cleared my throat, "Um-... Kellin, but-"

"Nope. No. Absolutely not." Joanne said quickly. She didn't exactly trust Kellin at all right now.

"Wait, just listen-" Arwin started.

"No. Not happening." Her voice lowered a little as she stood from her chair and walked a little closer to Arwin, talking to him like I wasn't even here.

"Arwin, you know better than anyone that Kellin isn't allowed near the roof! Especially after-"

"Stop!" I interrupted her, hating how she was about to talk about Kellin,

"He's not-... He's getting better, okay?" I said forcefully.

Joanne sighed, "I know he is, Vic..." I think she was just agreeing with me for my sake, "-but we can't take any chances."

I let out a breath of frustration, taking a step away from her. He really is getting better. She doesn't know shit. I pulled on my sleeves, trying to calm myself down. If I get mad, it'll solve nothing and she definitely won't let this happen.

"Please, Joanne..." I put on my best innocent voice, "C'mon, be cool."

Her face softened, looking into my eyes. I swear I saw a glimmer of trust flicker across her pupils. I knew it. I had her, hook, line and sinker. Score one for the master manipulator!