Made of poison, Cave in free. (prologue)

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: May These Noises Startle You In Your Sleep Tonight

BY: Pierce The Veil

P R O L O G U E

Vic's P.O.V

"What's wrong mother?" I stared at her with big, innocent eyes, only half serious of my question. But I knew why her eyes held such sorrow. Maybe it was a sick sense of pride that made me want her to answer. I wanted to hear her say it. A sick smile crossed my lips and my eyes went dark, my heart cold and empty.

"Who are you you?" She covered her mouth in horror. Hey eyes filled with tears treatened to spill over any second. "You took my baby.. You took him from me!" She sobbed into her gray sweater sleeves.

I cringed in disgust, then felt nothing but rage. "My baby, my baby... He made you two hate me! Everything was always his fault yet I got blamed for everything and I'm so fucking sick of hearing about how perfect he was!!" I heard my heart monitor speed up as I became more and more angry.  

"We will never forgive you for this!" she shouted slamming her hands on the arm bars of the bed.

I let out a bitter laugh. "You never cared before. Why would I expect your mercy now?" I sat up straight causing her to back away, sitting properly in her chair. 

"You are not my son.." She whispered, barely audible. I laughed again as I felt heavy tears race down my cheeks. My smile became a twisted with mixture of anger, pain, and undeniable insanity

"I never was.." I whispered back. 

With that, she stood up. At the  same time, my father walked in. 

"Hello Father." I managed to say as nonchalant as possible, wanting, no, needing a reaction from him.

He took a heavy step forward, making sure to not get too close but pulling my mother towards him. 

"Don't you EVER call me that again, you sick bastard!" My mother sobbed into his chest until he hurried her out of the door, whispering to her: it was time to go. 

"Don't you want to say goodbye? Don't you love me? You're my parents, you were supposed to love me!!"  I yelled as loud as I could as I tugged on the I.V. tubes attached to me.

"Go to Hell!" He shouted.

I threw my blanket off of myself and screamed, slamming my hands on the hard hospital bed.

"I WAS BORN IN HELL!"

The door slammed shut. I was left alone, abandoned in this lonely hospital room, sending my heart into a whirlwind of broken emotions.

"FUCK!!" I screamed, dragging out the word as I pulled my hair. My breathing became heavy and quick. My nails went from my head to my face as i slid them down over my eyes and across my cheeks wanting to draw blood. I screamed again as I scratched harder.

"You were supposed to fucking love me!!!" I kicked my legs and with one huge push, I knocked over my heart monitor and it fell to the ground with an extremely loud crash, pieces of the screen shattered. I gasped in pain as a few of the tubes attached to the machine were ripped out of my skin, causing an alarm to go off. I covered both of my ears for a second only to continue to rip my other I.V. out. My door suddenly burst open and the room filled with doctors, or nurses, or both.. At the same time, I took hold of the pole that held the I.V. fluid and pushed it down towards them as hard as I possibly could. It went sliding across the room as they yelled, trying to keep me calm.

"Stay the fuck away from me!!" They ignored this and shoved themselves towards me. I began to cry, acidentally letting out a few laughs in between the tears. It took 6 of them to hold me down. I felt helpless and out of control of my own body as they pinned me to the bed. Images of my parents quickly flashed through my mind causing me to resist even more.

"You were supposed to love me!" I screamed at nothing. 

"It wasn't supposed to fucking be this way!" I tried to sit up in the midst of the chaos but was just pinned down again. "I never meant... for this to happen!!!" I screamed as I felt a sharp, sudden pain on the left side of my neck. As my vain was pierced and broken through, I felt a cool liquid rush into my system making all of my limbs feel heavy. "P-Please...listen to me!" I slurred, begging one of the doctors as I tried to fight back.

My eyes slowly wandered to the doctor closest to my head. I felt a pinch as he pulled the needle out of my neck and placed his latex fingers over the tiny hole. My body just felt heavier and heavier as it became harder to try and resist. All at once, I felt a wave of extreme weariness and an uncomfortable relaxation wash over me. I felt paralyzed. My eyes began to shut. Everything was blurry, but just before complete darkness... I felt their grip around my limbs loosen. Still unable to move, I felt as If something greater was holding me down. I struggle to keep my eyes open and catch a glimpse of their hands lifting off of me completely; my arms and legs felt completely detached from the rest of my body. No matter how many times I tried to move, the message from my brain, would never fully travel to my limbs. Paralyzed.

"I never meant for this to happen..." I whisper between heavy breaths as I fall in and out of conciousness.

"...none of this was sup-..posed to ha-..ppen..."