Finally, I Can See; Honestly, I've Got The Guts To Say Anything

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: GUTS

BY: ALL TIME LOW

"Is this what it feels like?
Finding out, that I've got
the guts to say anything.
Feels like breaking out,
when I can give up my reputation.
Finally, I can see honestly,
I've got the guts to say anything..."

-TWO DAYS LATER-

Vic's P.O.V

"They think that I thew up before the medication had time to get into my system..." I trailed off.

I was sitting in a tiny room, in a hospital bed, with a lady named Dr. Winslow. She is a therapist who works here. She is the one who give the personal sessions... I was currently having one of those personal sessions. She was trying to figure out what triggered my episode a couple of days ago.

"Mhmm, I heard about that..." she hummed, "...-why did you throw up?"

I rolled my eyes.

Because I was hungover.

"Because I was sick." I mumbled.

She pursed her lips and clicked her pen. Oh my god, I hate this woman already.

"Kellin told me about what happened... He said you had been unresponsive for a minute before you-..."

"Yeah, it was just a blackout. I've had them since I was little, what of it " I interrupted her, annoyed.

She paused for a second, setting her clipboard down in her lap.

"Have you seen a doctor about this before you came here?" She asked.

I shook my head no, "My uhh-..." I paused, not wanting to say the word 'parents', "...-well, nobody ever cared too much."

She nodded very slowly, "...Do you want to talk about what happened with Kellin in the courtyard?"

My heart stuttered at the mention of Kellin's name. I haven't seen him in a couple of days. I wander what he's doing right now. I wander what he thinks of me after what happened. He probably doesn't like me anymore. He probably doesn't want to be friends anymore, now that he got a little taste of how insane I really am... But believe me, that was nothing...

"Do you, Vic?" She repeated.

I looked down at the ugly, light blue blanket that was messily thrown over my legs.

"Do I have a choice?" I mumbled.

"Of course you do... I'm sure it would make you feel better if we talked about it." She said, tilting her head to the side, acting like she cared.

"What do you want me to say?" I looked at her expectantly.

She gave me a sad smile, "Whatever comes to your mind."

"Kellin."

My eyes widened and I instantly looked away. I pressed my lips against each other, not wanting to open my mouth again. I said that by accident. That wasn't even supposed to leave my mind, let alone my mouth.

"Kellin? What about him would you like to talk about?" She asked surprised.

I shook my head, quickly, "No, I-... I didn't mean to say that. I don't know, I said that by accident..."

She tilted her head to the side again and said something I wasn't expecting...

"Maybe it wasn't an accident..."