We Avoid The Topics; We Make The Kids Have Secrets

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Topics

BY: Nevertheless

"We avoid the topics

We make the kids have secrets

When they are exposed

And everyone else knows

We'll say we never knew it

That they had a problem

'Cause if we would have known

We surely would have solved it

But we can't, it's too late..."

Vic's P.O.V

"Can we talk to you about something?" She said as I walked into the kitchen. My panicked eyes wander around the room to see the two of them sitting in the living room. I nervously walk to them; slowly, but surely, I get there. No matter who you are, the moment you hear your parents say "Can we talk to you about something?", you immediately think of ever single thing you have ever done wrong. Now, me; I wasn't really one to get into trouble. So, why would I be nervous? I had secrets...and I had a lot of them. 

"What's up." I asked as I carefully placed my backpack onto the living room floor.

"We got a call from your school today?" He says, crossing his arms.

"Oh?" I mumble, feeling more and more uneasy by the second. They both nodded and there was an uncomfortable silence between the three of us.

"What is this we hear about you cutting yourself?" She asked, sounding more angry than upset.

My heart stopped and I wasn't sure it was still beating until I realized how fast it started to race. I felt my cheeks heat up and I nearly forgot how to breathe. 

"Who told you that?" I asked, trying to sound as casual as possible. ;

She looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to answer me. So he did.

"Another student said they saw it and went to the councilor..." He explains, waiting for me to verify their accusations.

"-And you believe them?" I asked, crossing my arms, trying to seem like I was giving attitude, yet I couldn't keep my voice from shaking with fear.

"Do we have a reason to?" He asked, seeming frustrated that I wasn't giving a straight answer. My entire body was now shaking and I felt like if I tried to speak, I would choke. So I slowly shook my head no. But from the looks on both of their faces, I was giving off nothing but a cowardly vibe.

"Vic, pull your sleeves up." She says, clearly annoyed.

I gave up on trying to seem unphased and again, slowly shook my head no.

"Do you have something to hide?" He asks with a sarcastic tone, already knowing the answer.

"No..." I lie with a quiet voice.

"Then pull your sleeves up." He repeats her words and they echo over and over again inside my head.

"No." I say firmly through gritted teeth as my hands ball up into tight fists

"Victor. Vincent. Fuentes. Pull up your goddamn sleeves, now." She says, her voice getting louder and more intimidating with each word she spits passed her lips.