Chapter 4 Bellamy

Bellamy sat alone in the bunker, flipping through the array of records lined up against the wall. He didn't recognize a single one of them. "Obstacles, By Syd Matters...Alive, By Pearl Jam...Viva La Vida, By Coldplay.." Bellamy sighed, leaning back against the metallic wall. "Not one that I recognize.." 

"That's because they are all twenty-first century songs.." A vague voice echoed in the background. Bellamy turned to see Eugene swiftly climbing down the ladder. Bellamy growled a bit, leaning back. He didn't trust Eugene, something about him seemed extremely off, the way he speaks, the raggedy clothes, the skills. He seems like he is not from the Ark. 

"On the Ark we have twenty-first century songs...but I never heard of any of these bands or singers...They sound so foreign." Bellamy said plainly, standing upon his heels, and trekking across the room to the shelves of supplies. He reached into a box, and began digging around. He felt Eugene's eyes watch him from across the room, he didn't care. 

"Did you find out who the girl was?" Eugene asked. "The one behind the couch?" 

"No, we don't know. Clarke and Alyson brought her up the ladder a few hours ago, I'm guessing they are giving her a proper burial.." He muttered, latching onto something cubic and blunt. 

"That's good...every person deserves to rest in peace, even those who are savages...You know, I use to work back on The Ark...I helped the Chancellor in executions." Eugene said darkly. Bellamy sighed, pulling the object out of the box. Eugene did happen to know what he was talking about, but something still seemed off. "Hey whats that?" Eugene pointed at the object in Bellamy's hand. Bellamy eyed it closely. It was a picture inside a frame. The frame was golden, and had small lines looming on each side, forming a beautiful pattern, making Bellamy smile warmly, moving his eyes up into the center of the frame, where the picture itself was located. It was a black and white photo, of a family. Bellamy's eyes grew large as he examined it more thoroughly. A man, holding his wife's hand, with two little girls frolicking around. The family was in the same bunker as this. Same red couch as this. And same record player in the corner of the room, as this. Bellamy gulped, holding the picture down. He could tell Eugene saw the picture also, because Eugene winced a bit. 

"Do you think their alive?" Eugene asked, holding his hand together as he peered deeper. 

"No....they're history by now." Bellamy commented.

"Yeah...Wonder if the lady in the photo is the same one Clarke found behind the couch. The faces seem similar, but the stature doesn't match..Guess because she's been rotting for so long all her fat has crumbled.." Bellamy sighed, folding the picture into quarters, and sliding it into his back pocket, striding towards the staircase.

 "Only one way to find out." He murmured, placing his hand on one rung, and a foot on the other, he felt Eugene follow, and soon enough they reached average ground level. The old half Dropship stood crumpled, and drenched upon a side of an oak tree, looking old and withered, even though it has only been a few days they've been here, about six, or five. Clarke and Alyson were seen across the clearing, digging up dirt and grass, the grave for the woman. 

"Where'd they get the shovels?" Eugene asked, eyeing them suspiciously. Bellamy scoffed a bit, crossing his arms firmly. 

"Inside the bunker, there was a whole sack of shovels, hoes, and ax's..." Bellamy replied, stepping down the grassy hill towards the two girls. Clarke rose a brow, and glanced at Bellamy and Eugene. Bellamy saw the drought in Clarke's eyes, the mud drenched on her tattered black jeans, the holes in her wool coat, which she must have found in the bunker, because Bellamy just saw it on her starting now. 

"Stop digging, girls." Eugene ordered, halting as he reached the extremity of the grim hole, containing the woman. Her skin looked like it was green, her hair was a jet-black, and dried blood stained her clothing. Bellamy winced, kneeling down, staring at her, pulling the photo from his pocket. The woman in the photo had black hair, peach skin, and rosy cheeks. Bellamy then glanced back down at the rotting corpse. Not one similarity between the two was shown. These are two different women. Bellamy sighed, as Alyson patted his back.

"Its okay Bellamy, we'll find out what that bunker is, and who owned it eventually...We'll do it together." Alyson smiled, grabbing her pail, and raining the soil down on the body. Bellamy noticed something gleam on the girl, her chest glinted majestically, sending off a thought. Bellamy looked at the photo, then at the girl. She is the woman. This corpse and the girl in the picture are both wearing the same diamond necklace. 

"It is her.." Bellamy whispered to himself, not alarming the others. He wasn't going to tell the others, at least not for now. Telling them will make Clarke go bonkers for theories, and she honestly isn't that much as a help, not as much as Alyson.  Worrying about the bunker was a side manor, a manor that will eventually be addressed. Bellamy crumpled up the picture, throwing it onto the corpse, as the last bit of soil was poured on. Clarke patted the top of the grave, and mounded the shovel. Bellamy turned to see Octavia across the field, sitting by a tree, staring at them. The stare set off something in Bellamy, something that made him wince. She had a look spread across her face, a look of disapproval. The same look from when their Mother got floated, the same look from when she got put in the care center, and the same look from when that gunshot went off by her ear. Bellamy sensed it within, and he gulped, finally receiving the realization that she is going to grow up in this world. A world of the unknown.