Chapter 9 Octavia

Finns head was warm. Octavia felt it coldly, sniffling as a sudden breeze past, which made no sense whatsoever considering the fact that they were in an underground bunker. Finn was sleeping scarcely, on a green tinted cot they found folded up in an old brown box towards the back of the shelves. chopping sounds were heard behind the door towards the right side of the room. Octavia knew it was probably Clarke or Bellamy coming down the ladder, that's what it sounded like. Clarke came from behind the door, her eyes bluer then ever, and her hair glistening at the shine of the bright ceiling light, while a small smudge of soil rounded her cheeks.

"Hey Clarke." Octavia said swiftly, maneuvering her chin up, to see the blonde trek from across the room.

"Hey Octavia..." Clarke said plainly, plopping down on the red velvet couch, tucked into the corner of the room. "Turns out the girl me and Alyson had to bury, she did live in this bunker. This was her home, and family..."

"Oh.." Octavia replied, not really affected by the change of the ownership of the pitiful old bunker. "Clarke, why do you want to know more about this place so badly?" Octavia asked, grabbing a red colored pencil from a small box, which was labeled 'Dollies Materials.' Octavia then began to slowly stroke the colored pencil against a flat piece of plain white paper, the tip rubbing off its beautiful streaks, creating a sunrise.

"Why wouldn't I want to know about this place so badly?" Clarke said, a tinge of sarcasm implanted somewhere among the sentence. "This place is off. No dust, the materials are in pristine condition, and a random corpse? nothing there makes sense.." She replied, leaning back, the couch making a squeaking noise. Octavia nodded, finding the couches squeaks extremely spooky. She quickly slid the red colored pencil back into the box, picking it up, and sliding it back on the metal shelves. As Octavia tucked it back on the bracket, she noticed something. Way back, where the wide shelves reached the wall, she noticed a circular object, reflecting a gleam of light.

"Clarke, c'mere." Octavia said in more of a demand then a question. Clarke rose upon her feet, trudging past the coffee table, and Finn resting on the cot, to Octavia. "You see that?" Octavia asked, aiming her finger way back at the walls behind the shelves, there was some sort of object glistening, and it was attached to the wall. "Clarke, do you know what that is?" Octavia watched, as Clarke's eyes grew larger, exhaling as she squinted.

"It's-It's-It's a doorknob." Clarke said plainly, backing up. Clarke swiftly grabbed the end of the bookshelf, throwing it to the ground. The whole thing collapsed with bang, the bang so loud, Finn gasped, and his eyes whipped open.

"What the--w-what is going on!? Where am I!?" He asked, trying to lift up, but groaning in pain. Octavia scurried right over to him, frowning. She was a little irritated with Clarke, there was a way with removing the bookshelf without throwing the whole thing to the ground and waking him up.

"Shh, nothing, go back to sleep Finn, you're unwell." Octavia patted his shoulder to reassure him.

"N-No! That thing is still out there, he'll hurt others! Now that we know what the beast looks like, we can take him down, we have all the attire, right!?" Finn spoke, his lips flapping as he groaned in pain.

"Finn, you're crazy..please, we'll handle that another day, just get some rest!" Octavia debated. He wasn't even suppose to be up.

"Damn! The door needs a code!" Clarke bustled. Octavia peered over her shoulders to see an disquiet Clarke, pouting outside of a huge thick metal door. Octavia patted Finn once more, before zipping straight over to Clarke.

"Whoa...there was a door here the whole time!" Octavia said in amazement, stepping forward and brushing her hands over the cold metal. "I wonder whats behind it. Whatever it is, it must be good, since they had the thoughts to hide it."

"Yeah, we just need a pass-code! We are so close to uncover what this place actually is, and what it stands for!" Clarke said, placing her hands behind her back. "Do you know any four digit numbers? Maybe seen something scribbled down on a piece of paper in a box you were rooting through, or something?" Clarke asked, her hands now loomed into her pockets.

"What the hell." A voice said. Clarke and Octavia turned their heads to see a befuddled Bellamy standing at the bunkers entryway. "What the absolute hell did you girls find!?" He asked, dashing past Finn, who was already back to sleep.

"A door, but its locked. We can open it, with this button panel." Clarke motioned towards the panel, which had numbers one through nine, and a zero at the tip of the bottom. "Bellamy, do you know any four digit numbers!? Maybe something you've uncovered while our stay here!?" Bellamy looked a bit traumatized, yet excited.

"I-I don't know, I mean I-I think! God Clarke, this is big! Anything can be behind that wall! From stocks, and stocks of food to the uncovered mysteries of Earth, all the way to a flimsy supply box." Bellamy said, his tone serious.

"Bellamy, think! Did you see any four digit numbers on anything here? Maybe scribbled down on a piece of paper?" Bellamy placed his chin on his jaw, and frowned. Octavia could tell he was thinking rapidly, just by his determined expression. His eyes soon ticked, and his jaw unlatched.

"Yeah, I do remember four digit numbers being scribbled down on something in here."

"Where!?" Clarke asked, her eyes growing wide, waiting for a response. Octavia also joined Clarke in on the suspense.

"On the small photo of the family. On the back, there was four numbers, I forget the order, and forget what they even were. All I'm sure is...I threw it into the grave that you and Alyson made for that woman. The combination is in the grave."