Additional Forrest/Shay Scenes

A/N: I've been editing this book and have added to it a little, so I figured I'd share some of the additions. :) 

***

“You like what you see?” Milk-Guy called out to me, smirking confidently.          

Crap. Shay, think fast!         

“I wouldn’t know, considering you’re standing in front of it!” I yelled back.           

Luck was on my side, because when he turned around, it was a girly-looking boutique he saw.

So my excuse had miraculously worked!           

He chuckled, raising both hands in surrender. “Sorry.”           

I walked by him with Maddie, Jasmine, and Ceci on my tail and coolly said, “It’s okay. Just move.”           

Almost there, almost there, almost there, come on, come on, come on…           

He moved aside and chuckled again.

What is so funny?           

I flattened out all of my curiosity and kept on walking, desperate to get away from him. That had been way too close. He could have recognized me! Then, I would have been in some deep water.           

“Wait a minute,” he called out suddenly.           

Darn it!           

I stopped walking, refusing to look back. “Eh?”           

“Where have I seen you?”           

“In your dreams?” I joked, trying to veer of the subject. I really didn’t want him to recognize me. I had acted insane the day before. How was I supposed to explain my behavior?           

He laughed but didn’t let it go. “No, I’m serious. Hey, look at me.”           

“No!”

I could hear the roll of his eyes in his tone. “Come on, just look at me.”           

I rolled my own hazel eyes. “Yeah, well, I already said no.”           

He obviously didn’t know what the meaning of ‘no’ was, since he reached out and grabbed my arm. Effortlessly, he turned me so I was facing him. I was also extremely close to him, much too close for comfort.           

I shrugged out of his grip and took a few steps back. “Okay, then,” I began, laughing nervously, “well—”           

“Hey, guys, where have I seen her?” Milk-Guy continued, rudely interrupting me. “Doesn’t she seem familiar to you guys, too?”           

“Hello?” I asked, frowning over at them. Was I suddenly invisible or something? “I’m standing right here!”           

The bunch of potato heads had the nerve to ignore me.           

Well then.           

“She does look familiar,” Maddie’s Crush said, nodding in agreement. “I just don’t remember where from… Hmmm… Hey, guys, this is like a mystery! We’re like Blues Clues!”           

Milk-Guy gave him a weird look and shook his head, muttering something unintelligible under his breath.           

“Have you, like, banged her, or something, Forrest?” the other guy, the one that was with Milk-Guy and Maddie’s Crush both times I had seen them and was usually quiet, asked.