Chapter 36 [End]

• Dedicated to Every fan who stuck with me throughout this entire story. You guys rock!

A/N: It's the last chapter! Ever! I'm gonna cry! I swear, I'm gonna cry! I hope you guys enjoy this, and I wanna thank you all for all of the support I had for this story. If I could thank all of your personally, I would, but there's a lot of you, so that's not possible. But still, thank you so much! You guys are what motivated me to keep writing when I got stuck halfway through the story. I hope you liked this story, and I hope you'll like the sequel! Enjoy! 

***  

They Say Love Hides Behind Every Corner. I Must Be Walking in Circles

Chapter 36

Final Chapter!

“Oh, hello,” I muttered to myself with a grin as I craned my neck to get a better look at the worker guy’s butt. Maddie and I had personally hired only cute, young guys to set up for our Sweet Sixteen party— again.

“Naughty, naughty Shay.” Maddie wagged her finger at me and shook her head. “And just around the Christmas season, too.”

“What?” I asked innocently.

“You, my friend, have a boyfriend,” she stated, “a very hot boyfriend, I might add. And you’re checking out other guys? Tsk, tsk, tsk.”

“Hey, I’m not cheating or anything!” I said in my defense. “I’m not buying anything; I’m just checking out the merchandise.”

Maddie, for some reason, thought this was hilarious and began cracking up eccentrically, her head bowed down as she tried to breathe. But the minute this cute, athletic-looking guy that she had picked, by the way, walked by us, her head snapped up and she stared longingly after him, biting her lip.

I raised an eyebrow at her before I got an idea; then, I began to grin. “Naughty, naughty Maddie.” I wagged my finger at her and shook my head. “And just when it’s Christmas-time, too.”

“Wait, what?”

Sigh. Why must all of my friends be so stupid? She didn’t even get it!

I rolled my eyes discreetly. “You have a boyfriend, Maddie,” I told her, grinning at how familiar it all sounded. Except this time, it had just happened five minutes ago, not five months ago. “A very hot boyfriend, too, and you’re checking out another guy? Tsk, tsk, tsk.” I shook my head at her again.

Around the same time Forrest and I hooked up, Maddie hooked up with Paul.

She finally got it after this. “Oh! Oh, come on. Paul knows I’d only make out with him!”

“Just like Forrest knows I’d only make out with him.”

“Oh. I see how it is.” She faked a sniffle and turned her head away from me dramatically as I rolled my eyes at her. And then people wondered why I was so weird. Do you see who I hung out with? Could you blame me?

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and I jumped nearly half a mile. It scared the crap out of me!

“Shay!” my mother screeched from inside the kitchen. I couldn’t see her, but I could definitely hear her. How loud did this lady have to be to get a point across? Geesh. “Can’t you see I’m busy? Go get the door!”

“No, mother, I cannot see you, considering you’re all the way in the kitchen and I’m in the living room,” I retorted, just as loud as she had been, “so I have no way of seeing that you’re busy.”

I couldn’t see her (obviously) but I could hear the glare in her voice as she said, “Shay, if you do not get that door right this second, I will call this whole thing off! I will cancel it! Do not patronize your mother!”