Chapter 9

A/N: This where you'll wanna start reading, because it gets into the actual story plot now! Its twisted, as usual. What else would you expect from me? :) 

 ***

 They Say Love Hides Behind Every Corner. I Must Be Walking in Circles

Chapter 9

“Hi, Dad!” I said happily. My dad was in rehab, for his alcohol abuse problems. That was my mom’s way of fixing things, I guess. The only way I could talk to him right now was through my webcam.

“Hey, Pal,” he said, happy to see me. I was closer to my dad than to my mom, besides all of his faults. I wasn’t extraordinarily close to either of them, though. “How’s it going?”

I sighed. “Boring. School’s been boring, and stupid. I’m just glad we’re out for Christmas break.”

My dad laughed. What I said reminded me of something. “Hey, Dad?” I asked.

“Yeah?”

“Are you gonna be home for Christmas?”

He looked uneasy. “I don’t know, Pal. I don’t know.”

My face fell. “But Christmas won’t be the same if we don’t have the whole family together.”

He gave me a light shrug. “It’ll be alright. Even if it has to be through this camera, I’ll be there.”

I was still a little disappointed, but I didn’t let it show. “I guess it’s better than nothing.”

“See?” he asked. “It’s always better to look at the positive side. Oh, hey, I gotta go, Pal. They don’t let me on this thing very long. But I’ll talk to you later, I promise.”

I smiled. “Pinky promise?”

He held out his pinky, as did I and we wagged them up and down, as if we were really shaking them. I grinned, and my dad clicked off. I was about to turn off the webcam and sign off, because my stupid webcam saved all of the files, when a noise startled me. I jumped up, but it was just Westley.

“Hey, baby,” Westley said as he barged into my room.

I sighed subtly. “Hi.”

“What’s wrong?” he asked, looking worried. Oh, bite me, you two faced jerk. I wanted to say that, but I knew it wasn’t a good idea.

“Nothing,” I said innocently. “Just about to go to sleep.”

 "About that,” he began, and I cursed internally. Not again.

 “No,” I said before he had a chance to speak.

 He frowned angrily. “You didn’t even give me a chance to speak.”

“That’s because I know what you’re going to say,” I snapped, “and the answer is still no.”

“Shay, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way.”

“No way,” I told him angrily, “my innocence isn’t something you can mess with!”

“You’re my girlfriend.” He glared at me. “I have the right.”

“You have no right,” I snapped. “The only person with a right over my body is me. It’s mine, it’s my body, not yours. It’s not like we’re married.”

It looked as if I had given him an idea, so I said, “And no, that’s illegal.”

Westley scowled. “Why won’t you do it with me, but you will with that douche, Forrest?”