Chapter 7

They Say Love Hides Behind Every Corner. I Must Be Walking in Circles! 

Chapter 7

“Oh, God, I have such a hangover,” Maddie groaned as she tried to sit up. Ceci was the only sober one in the room, that didn’t suffer from a hangover, so she was getting us Aspirin, water and coffee.

“My head is killing me,” I complained.

“How do you think I feel?” Jasmine growled. “I passed out last night!”

The party ended up lasting way into the night. It didn’t end until a little after four. Jasmine passed out a little after three in the morning, and my mom had to drag her up to my room, with the help of Maddie’s mom and Damien. It was too bad Jasmine hadn’t been awake to relish the fact that Damien had carried her up when my mom and Maddie’s mom finally gave up. It wasn’t that Jasmine was heavy, but my mom and Maddie’s mom were petite, and not very strong. They were more of the damsel in distress sort of people. But that wasn’t even the biggest thing that happened. We ended up finding my dad and Maddie’s dad in the guest room, together. And I mean together. They’d both had way too much to drink, and that had obviously helped ignite their fiery, gay passion, but it was still partly their decision. My mom and Maddie’s mom were distressed. If we hadn’t been so drunk, and when we went to bed, hungover, I would have felt awful listening to them fight. But I was passed out the whole time they fought, I was sure. As soon as the party had ended, I had had to rush to the bathroom. I didn’t mix well with alcohol, but it was my birthday, so I said, ‘Screw it!’ and drank my heart out. Boy was that a mistake, I was realizing. I was fairly sure that Westley had tried to convince me to sleep with him during my moment of drunkenness, and I didn’t appreciate it at all, but he was a guy, after all. So I supposed this was normal guy behavior. I still didn’t like it, though.

“Ceci!” I whined. “Can you get me a glass of water?”

She rolled her eyes. “These are the moments when I remember you’re the older sister,” she said, “and that’s only because that means you’re semi-old enough to drink.”

“Please?”

She nodded. “Alright, I’ll go get it.”

 I sat up slightly, looked in the mirror, and plopped back down. I looked like crap. My short brown hair looked like a bird’s nest. I looked, well, like I was hungover.

 The doorbell rang, and I thanked the Lord Ceci was already down there. I didn’t need anyone seeing me like this. When I looked over, I realized Jasmine and Maddie looked just as horrendous as I did. We didn’t need any spectators, thank you very much.

I didn’t hear anything afterwards, so I figured it was the mailman or something. When I heard heavy footsteps climbing up the stairs, I figured it was Damien coming to lecture us on the dangers of drinking, especially at our age. But when the door opened, it was Forrest, again. Was he a stalker, or what?

“Dude,” I said, “what on earth are you doing here now?” I put emphasis on the ‘now’.

“Yeah, nice to see you, too, Shay,” he said sarcastically.

I stayed silent. I was in no mood to bicker.

“Damn it!” Maddie cursed, “Get the hell out! Can’t you see we’re not up for visiting right now?”

Forrest just raised an eyebrow.

“We look like crap, alright?” Jasmine snapped. “Get out!”

Ceci entered the room with my water and some Aspirin.

“Oh, thank God,” I muttered as she handed me the pill and the water, “I needed this.”