Chapter 1*

A/N

Hi there! I'm SirenSong55, the editor of this book. I love all things HP, especially Dramione, so this book was/is a pleasure to edit. Before you start reading, I wanted to assure you that I consulted Always_a_slytherin (the original author) on every detail I changed, so this it still the book you love. And if you are a new reader, I assure you it is a book you will grow to love, as I did. However, if you would prefer to read the unedited version, Always_a_slytherin will make sure to keep that copy around. With no further ado, I present, chapter 1:

Hermione's POV:

"Ron," I said sternly, as I pushed my boyfriend off me for the third time that night, to no avail.

"C'mon Mione," he mumbled drunkenly into my neck. "Don't be like that."

After a party in the Gryffindor common room to celebrate the beginning of term, Ron had dragged me up the stairs to the girl's dormitories despite my protests. As soon as we got upstairs, he had shoved me on the bed and clambered on top of me. I had tried to stop him, but my protests had fallen on deaf ears.

"Ron." I snapped, and he stopped kissing my neck. He had been making advances on me the whole summer, and I had rebuffed him every time, but he was getting more determined. It was getting harder and harder to keep him away from me.

"What?" he asked. Clearly irritated, his features were twisted into a snarl.

"I don't feel comfortable," I answered. "I'm... nervous."

"What's wrong Hermione? Is it me?" He asked. His words were concerned, but his eyes were hard. I knew he was fed up with my hesitation.

No, it was me...

"No, not at all. I'm just not in the mood" I said.

"You're never in the mood" He snaps. "All summer you were like this, what is up with you?"

"Listen, let's go have dinner. We can continue this after." I say, hoping to please him.

"Promise?" He asks.

"I promise," I say. Liar, I think to myself. But luckily, Ron believed me, and we headed off to the Great Hall for dinner.

Ron and I walked hand in hand to the Great Hall. When we arrived, Ginny and Harry were sitting together, laughing about something. Dinner was well under way when we strolled into the hall, so Ron immediately left my side and made a beeline for the pumpkin pasties. I took a moment to the entrance of the Great Hall to look around.

After the war, the school had been rebuilt, and new students invited for another year. The school also offered an optional extra 8th year to those who had missed 7th year in the war. When I looked around at all the old faces, I was comforted. Maybe everything would be okay.

I looked back to my boyfriend and two best friends to see them discussing Ron's latest homework assignment.

"Ron, this is your last year, and I will not have you mess it up by not doing your homework" Ginny scolded Ron.

"Ron she's right, just get it over with, " I say while putting food on my plate.

"You're meant to be on my side," Ron complained, and Ginny smirked smugly. "How do we have homework already? We only arrived yesterday."

"I always agree with the educational point of view," I say, and Harry rolls his eyes. "And it's not my fault that the teacher's got straight to it." Ginny giggled, and Ron snorted. I smiled at the familiarity. It was good to be back at Hogwarts.

°°°°°

"Are you guys ready to go back to the common room?" Harry asks after we all finish eating.