Chp 3 - Cookies and Fun

Alli's POV

Last night, I asked my parents if I could spend some time at Weston's place. Since his house is right next to ours, they allowed me to go, and to bring cookies, too.

When I knocked, he answered, but today, I didn't drop the cookies.

"Hey, Alli!" Weston greets me with his beautiful hair and white teeth.

"Hi, Weston!" I grin, "I brought those cookies you asked for. Hope you like mint chocolate chip!" I hand him the tray of cookies.

"Wow! These are still warm!" He gasps.

"Well, they came out of the oven a few minutes ago," My gaze drifts down, "So, yeah." I turn my eyes towards him again and slightly smile.

"Where are my manners?" He says, "Come on in!" He holds the door even wider to let me through.

I walk through the threshold and just stare at every single item in the room.
"Come on," He puts a hand on my back, wanting me to walk forward, "You have to meet my parents!"

When we walk into the kitchen, his parents stop their conversation to create one with me and Weston.

"Who's this fine young woman you got here?" His mother asks him.

"Is she your girl friend?" Weston's dad questions us.

We both turn beet red, looking at each other, and then his parents. Then we just end up laughing. Hard. His parents are giving us "what the heck?!" looks.

After we calmed down, Weston explained, "Mom! Dad! This is our new neighbor's daughter, Alli Johansson. She's my friend. She will be hanging out with me in my room. She brought some of her delicious cookies."

"Please enjoy the cookies, they're a homemade secret recipe that's been going around in my family since 1765." I tell them as I get whisked off to Weston's room.

"Well, here's the famous Weston Koury's room." His arms wave to his room, like a model showing off a dress.

"Like any typical room." I observe.

"Yes." He sighs. "That's what people don't get about celebs. They are just like them, except the only difference is that they get more attention." He explains.

"That's what I thought my entire life, and yet, no one believed me." I admit.

"It looks like we have more in common than I expected." He grins.

"I agree." I nod, sitting down on the edge of his well made bed.

There was a small moment of silence between us, as we tried to figure out what to say to each other.

A little bit later, I broke the silence, asking him, "So what's it like, being famous?"

"Not that different from real life, except more people know you, and when a fan of yours comes up to your door to give you something, you answer it, and they drop it, it gets a little weird."

I laugh at the last part.

"So what are you're talents?" He asks me.

Just recently, he had a talent show on YouNow. I sorta kinda wanted to be in it, but I decided not to.

But now that it's just me and him, I'll gladly tell him.

"Well, I love to sing, draw, do science, read, stuff like that." I reply.

"I'd like to hear you sing." He added afterwards.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Sing a song." He repeats.

"Okay."

So I start singing Lights by Ellie Goulding.

I had a way then, losing it on my own.
I had a heart then, but the queen has been over thrown.
And I'm not sleeping now.
The dark is to hard to beat.
And I'm not keeping up, the strength I need to push me.
You show the lights that stop me, turn to stone.
You shine them when I'm alone.
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong and dreaming when they're gone.
'Cause they're calling, calling, calling, me home.
Calling, calling, calling home.
You show the lights that stop me then to stone you shine it when I'm alone.
Noises, I play within my head.
Touch my own skin, and hope I'm still breathing.
And I think back to when, my brother and my sister slept in an unlocked place, the only place I feel safe.
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone.
You shine them when I'm alone.
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong and dreaming when they're gone.
'Cause they're calling, calling, calling me home.
Calling, calling, calling home.
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone you shine them when I'm alone.

Ohhhhh. Ohhhhh.
Ohhhhh. Ohhhhh.
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone.
You shine them when I'm alone.
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong and dreaming when they're gone.
'Cause they're calling, calling, calling me home.
Calling, calling, calling home.
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone you shine them when I'm alone.
Ohhhhh. Ohhhhh.
Ohhhhh. Ohhhhh.

I stop singing, I look over at Weston half expecting to see an expression of disbelief on his face.

But instead, he is in awe. He is a shade of pink and is wide eyed.

"Was I that bad?" I ask.

"No," He whispers, "Not at all."