Chp 10 - Everyone Loves a Surprise

Before I start, there was a little confusion in previous updates. So, let me summarize it...

At the beginning of Chp 9, I posted a question. I asked you guys where I got the photos up top from. Whoever had commented the right answer first had won.

When I asked you guys to participate, nothing happened for a few days. So, that's when I started to get worried.

I updated the previous chapter to remind you guys to join in. But only one of you in the audience got it right.

The correct answer was Instagram! I basically take a screenshot of the photo, crop it, and put a few stickers on it.

But, anyways...

The winner was KenzieRae201502! Congrats! She was actually the one who came up with the idea for this chapter. If you liked it, go to her profile and post what you liked on the message board.

And guys, I edit the pics myself, and well, the pic up there *points upwards* is kinda weird. Sorry! Just think of it saying, "naughty or nice", okay? Mk.

On with the story!

-----------------------------------------------

Alli's POV

Sometimes, I get really frustrated. Yeah, we all do. It's just a human trait, something humans have done from the beginning of their existence, to the end. We just can't help but be angry at some points in time.

Right now is one of them.

Weston has been acting so weird lately. He has barely picked up his phone when I text or call him, and when he does answer, his voice is shaky, or he replys, "I'm busy rn," and continues to bite his nails.

I have gotten so aggravated at this, that yesterday, I stomped over to his house. Of course, I put on a sweet smile when I noticed that his parents were going to open the door.

"Oh, why hello, Alli! What brings you here?" His mom sweetly asks.

"May I hang out with Weston?" I ask, my beautiful white smile reflecting off the sun.

"Sure!" She allows me to enter and I run up the stairs, not trying to make a sound. I stop right out his door. Before I go in, I hear him mutter to himself. You can hear the footsteps he is taking. It almost sounds like he is pacing.

"What am I going to get her? What am I going to get her?" He repeats, an occasional groan or, "Think!" coming out of his mouth.

"Who is she?" I asked, bursting into the room.

"No one!" He says, falling onto his bed.

Before he can say wait, I am already out the door, and heading to my house.

As soon as I got back to my room, I forcefully close by curtains, turn on he light, and make a paper airplane.

I stared at the plane, pondering on the thoughts that were swirling through my head. Then, before I knew it, my eyes were clouding up, and suddenly cleared up. I looked down on the paper plane.

Water drops were scattered on it.

Weston's POV

I don't know why people think I lie. I mean, look at Alli. She is crying her eyes out because she didn't believe me. I tried to tell her that her was her. It was Alli. But she ran off before I could say anything.

I was going to surprise her by giving Alli her favorite candy and the jewelry she said she liked. I guess I could still give it to her, but something much more meaningful, considering that she hates me right about now.

Wait a second.

Hold on.

THAT'S IT! HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'M A GENIUS!

I run down the stairs after my light bulb moment, and grab all the ingredients that I will need for chocolate chip cookies.

Back to Alli's POV

I lay in my bed, sofly crying, trying to go to sleep. But I just can't. I have to think.

Who could she be?

I guess it could be me, but no. We are just friends.

I wonder if it's that girl that lives across the street.

No. She's much younger than him.

Then, I guess it is me.

By the time I have calmed down, and my face isn't 1,000 degrees, I hear a soft knock at my door.

"Come in." I chirp.

The door slowly opens and Weston emerges from the shadows of the door.

"I'm sorry. I really am. But, can you forgive me?" He says.

"Yes! You silly duck!" I squeal, reaching for the comfort of his arms. The warmth his arms give me, is just, unreal.

We pull back, and he hands me a plate full of chocolate chip cookies. And flowers. And a Milky Way bar. And a... NECKLACE?!

"Weston, you didn't have to!" I exclaim, putting on the necklace.

"But Alli, I had to." He says, with a beautiful smile.

Not wanting our braces stuck together again, I peck him on the cheek, and they flush with multiple shades of red.

I want to feel the warmth of his arms again, so I outstrech my arms.

During our embrace, his lips slowly find my forehead. They stay there for a moment, then he let's go of my forehead and sets his head on my shoulder, me doing the same.

"You're amazing, Alli." He whispers in my ear.

"I know," I reply, "You're even better though."