Chapter Nine

Its a draft so I'm sorry for all the mistakes

Chapter Nine: 

(Lexi's POV)

The house was completely silent as we sprinted through it. I help tightly onto Jason's hand wondering where on earth he was taking me. We ended up in his wardrobe where he moved numerous jackets to the side, uncovering a hidden door.  Entering a dark room I gasped as the lights flickered on showing a clinical like room. Weapons filled the shelves. 

A slight part of me had hope that maybe we would be safe. 

'Put these on!" Jason shouted throwing some warm clothing at me. As quick as I could manage I pulled on the pants and tied up my boots. Slinging the warm jacket over my shoulders I realised just what was happening. 

We were leaving the safety of the house. We were entering the mountains, the snow covered mountains. 

I followed mislead and slung a gun over my shoulder before grabbing a similar back pack to his. 

'Don't shoot unless you have to!' Was his only words as he pushed a button, opening a door that lead to darkness. The lights in the room flickered off just as Jason grabbed my hand. 'Follow me!' He whispered into my ear as my eyes began to adjust to the darkness around me. 

I followed him out into the bitter night air, hoping that he knew where he was going. We rounded the corner of the house, only to spot the helicopter landing just meters away from us. Men dressed in black jumped from the helicopter as soon as is landed guns held at the ready. 

It was clear to me that the only way out was with the helicopter. It was also clear to me that there were at least fifteen heavily armed men standing between us and it.

As the men busted open the front door, I moved back into the safety of the darkness. The helicopter continued to spray light out into the darkness, hoping to spot us. 

'What do we do?' I whispered to Jason. Luckily for us the helicopter covered any sound that we made. 

'If we steal the helicopter with those men still alive they will just shoot us down.' He stated the obvious. In the darkness I could see his eyes looking deep into mine. 'So first we have to get rid of them all.' 

I nodded in understanding and slipped my bag off of my shoulders. Following suit I slipped the thick coat off of my shoulders knowing that it would just get in my way if I had to hide in a small area. 

'Ill take the people inside. You take those left out here.' I instructed hoping that he wouldn't argue. This wasn't the time to argue over who got to make the plans, it was time to get out of this hell whole. 

As soon as he nodded I shot back into the door that we had exited from. I listen for any sound before creeping into the hallway. I knew that I had to try and do as much as I could without shooting. If I let bullet fly we would both be screwed as they would know exactly where we were. 

The first two were easy. They had their backs to me and were focused on decoding the security alarm that kept all the lights off.  Within seconds I heard the next one before I saw him. He obviously had an old injury that stop him from walking probably because I could hear him shuffling across the ground. Before he even spotted me I lunged forward with a knife that Jason had stuffed into my hand and slit his throat as quickly as I could. 

I may be a gang leader but it didn't make the sight of dead people any more enjoyable. By the time I had done a sweep of the left side of the house a commotion outside had already began. Jason wasn't going for the subtly approach like myself. Footsteps and shouts were all I could hear as people sprinted outside to try and stop him. I followed closely behind pausing in the safety of the darkness as I studied the scene infront. 

Four lay dead on the ground, bullet wounds covering their chest. Jason stood with nothing between him and the helicopter. 

However eight men stood between me and the helicopter. It was clear that I had a few options here. None of the men knew that I was here so I had a chance to either save myself and try and make a run for it. However I wasn't sure how long I could manage in the snow. Jason had once said that the closest civilisation was over a thousand miles away. I would probably freeze to death before I got anywhere. Or else I had the chance to try and save myself and Jason.  

Before I had the chance to make up my decision on what to do one shot was fired. It hit Jason right in the arm making his gun full to the ground. It came from the roof area making me realise that in our hast to try and get out of the situation we hadn't spotted the snipper on the roof. 

Men crowded Jason trying to grab a hold of him as best as they could. He didn't go down without he fight, I spotted one man drop to the ground holding his neck. 

Though he wasn't strong enough, with his injured arm he couldn't beat all the men crowding him and so eventually they got a hold of him. 

The sniper jumped from the ground as headed towards him. In the light emitting from the helicopter it was obvious to see the smile on his face. 

'Damon is going to so happy to hear that his little apprentice has been found.' 

I took a deep breath as I rearrange my gun. I checked the safety wasn't on as I locked the sniper into my sights. As I stepped out into the light I coughed, allowing the men to take notice of me. 

As they moved to look at me I could finally spot Jason. Blood covered his face, his eyes were bleary being held open  making me realise he was going to be no hope to me. 

There was no where to run. Cliffs covered the sides of the area we were in. I didn't have top or a parachute so there was nothing no way but to face these men. 

'Alexis Dylan what a pleasure to meet you,' The man said stepping forward. 

'Let him go!' I commanded. 

An evil smirked covered his face. 'And why would I do that? Ive got more men then you, theres no way you can beat me.' 

'Maybe not but as long as I kill you, Id be happy to die,' I told him honestly. I always knew there could potentially be a time where I would have to decide if I was going to flee and survive, or fight and die. The second option always seemed to be the one that I would take. 

The man laughed. 'My dear Alexis, there is no need for this fight. We're not here for you. We're here for him and now that we are gone we will be happy to leave you.'

'I see an issue here though. That man seems to be my only way out of here so I'm going to do what  I can to save him.' 

I noticed movement in the darkness on the sides of the hill but I couldn't make out what it was. 

Knowing that this was probably going to be it for me I thought about everything that I was going to miss out on. I always thought that I was going to get to say goodbye to my boys, to my family but now I realised that I wouldn't be allowed that privilege. 

"goodbye boys,' I whispered as a single tear slipped down my cheek. I checked my sight before getting ready to squeeze the trigger. If was going to die I was going to take with me as many as I could. 

Just as I was about to the let the first bullet go a single voice stopped me in my tracks.

'Looks like we were a bit late to the party,'