Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

Lexi's POV

A map laid sprawled across the table as Tommy traced his fingers along a road. I did my best to take note of everything that he was showing me.

"The farm is about three hours' drive from here, it's the place that Damon runs his gang from majority of the time. But it isn't a nice place Lexi, it isn't like your place or ours, there is some terrible sites there. Women aren't respected, they are only there as long as they are of use to the men. They don't get looked after or treated equally. If they don't do what they are told they are beaten. Those men are cruel, a kind of cruel that you don't see often in life.' Tommy explained.  For the last hour he had been sharing stories about what I would encounter. Some of the stories he had told me was unthinkable, stories that I wish I hadn't ever had to hear.

"Thank you Tommy, I better be going. Jason will be wondering where I am," I spoke as he rolled up the map and gave it to me. He chucked me a pair of keys as I was walking out the door.

"Take the bike, it will be more use to you at the moment, then it will be to me." I smiled, and wrapped my arms around him. I was truly thankful for everything he had done for me. "If you need us, you know where we are."

I nodded, before swinging my leg over the bike. I waved quickly as I sped away, following the county road back into town.

When I arrived back at the safe house, I wasn't surprised to see that Jason was awake. He was standing, leaning against the bench as he drummed his fingers. His head shot in my direction as I walked into the room. A flash of relief was quickly replaced by a look of anger.

"Where were you?" He growled, glancing briefly at the rolled up map I placed on the bench.

"I was learning about the farm. If you weren't going to tell me, I was going to find out myself." I replied. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"That that's where she lived, where she died." I asked. If he had told me the truth, if he had told me that that was the reason that he didn't want to talk about the farm, I would have understood.  But didn't he realise that if he wanted us to get Damon we were going to have to visit that place. We were going to have to go back to the place of all his memories.

"I don't want to talk about her. You wouldn't understand." He spoke, trying to cut off the conversation. I moved towards him, placing my hand on top of his. The pained expression on his face was evident.

"I understand that you love her, but you're going to have to go back to the place. I know that it will bring up memories that you don't want to bring up but it's the only way that we can stop him. The only way that we can end this." I told him honestly. This wasn't a time to get angry or upset. This was a time that we needed to get stuff sorted, we needed to get a move on with the plan. It had been two nights, which meant we had less than 48 hours before we were meant to go through with the plan.

I could see him contemplating something in his head, deciding how he should react and reply. I moved away slightly, giving him some space to think.

Even though we had ended up sleeping together last night, I didn't expect him to be instantly in love with me, I didn't expect that anything would be any different. However, I was slightly surprised at the ache in my chest as he mentioned the girl that he loved so much. It surprised me that a little part of me was maybe jealous. I wasn't dumb though, I knew that we were bad for each other. I knew that we weren't right for each other. Two people like us would never work in the real world, we were both to pig headed and constantly had to be right.

"Look Tommy taught me about the farm, but no one knows it as well as you do. In order for us to be able to get in and out without being noticed, I'm going to need you to fill me in a bit more. I need to know the best ways," He nodded slightly running a hand through his hair.

"I'm meant to be catching up with one of my contacts to get some more equipment for the mission. Let me go sort that, I'll talk to you when I get back." Without waiting for my response he moved around me and headed towards the garage. I heard the car fire up before he reversed out and sped away.

Clearly we weren't going to talk about last night.