Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:

(Lexi's POV)

It had been two days since Jason had shared everything with me. Two days and I still didn't have a plan for what I was going to do. There was only one thing I was certain of and that was that I needed to help him. Because he wasn't the only one that would be in danger if Damon came to town, Gabrielle would also be in danger if Damon came to town, this would mean that Tyson would be in danger. I couldn't lose either of them because they both were part of my family and I protected my family.

I could tell that Jason was getting antsy. He was answers from me but that the problem, I couldn't give them to him. I didn't know what I was going to do because I had been in such a situation.

I could fight Damon. My gang was big and we had a lot of people that we could ask for help but the problem was I couldn't really ask them to go agains't someone so strong. If we stood agains't Damon then there was a big chance that people would be injured. Families would be torn apart because I knew that he would use our families as a way of getting back at people. He didn't have a family that people could use as leverage so nothing was stopping him from using ours.

'What are you thinking about?' Jason asked as he sat across the table at me. Every since he opened up towards me we had been on better terms. No longer did he look at me with gate and anger maybe that was because he knew that I was more on his side. I was no longer against him.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked down at the food that sat in front of me. I wasn't hungry so everything was left untouched.

'I don't know what to do? I'm not sure how I can help you without hurting a lot of people?' I told him honestly.

'I heard that you were the person that had answers for everything.' He replied watching as I pushed the food around on my plate with my fork. I raised an eyebrow  at him.

'And what else have you heard about me?' I asked, actually wanting to know if he was just saying that or if it was the truth. I knew that people talked, so I was suer that he had probably heard something about me.

'A lot.' He replied simply laughing when I scrunched up my nose at him.

'Please share.'

He paused for a second, I think he was wondering whether I was being serious or not. And I was, I wanted to know if he had really heard things about me.

He took a deep breath before beginning. 'I had heard a lot about you before i got to town. I would never admit it usually but because I feel like we are on some kind of good terms I will admit I found out a lot of information about you before I came.' 

I wasn't surprised, before entering a new area finding out information about the competition was the only way to insure safety.

'I had heard that you were one of the good ones, a person that honestly stood to do the best for the world. You weren't evil and you defiantly weren't corrupt. You would help people at any chance that you got. I guess that started my hate for you at the beginning. Everyone talked about how you were the best around and I didn't want that. I wanted to come to a place where I was the best gang leader there was. But you made that difficult. I had to come to the place Gabrielle was and you had already taken control. Eventually after I met you for the first time, I began to realise that you were kind and you protected those that you cared about. I really admired that. You were brave and no matter what, I could tell that you would risk yourself to protect your gang and even my sister.'

'So then why didn't you decide to make amends with me? We could of stopped all this from happening if you were just honest with me from the beginning.' I stated.

'I've never had to be second best Lexi, and so I couldn't give it up,' I was amazed with how honest he was being. He wasn't being an asshole, he wasn't trying to sound superior he was just being honest. And for the first time I actually could imagine us being friends, I could see us getting on.

For the rest of the night we talked about everything and anything that came to mind. We talked about our pasts and the reasons why we decided to join gangs in the first place. Jason told me about his child hood and it made me realise how close him and Gabrielle were. I understood why he hated how close we were at the start, because I threatened his bond.

It was weird to see how easily we could just talk for hours and hours. I hadn't had a chance to just sit and talk about random things for so long. My life had been hectic and living in a house full of boys was chaotic most of the time, never did you get the chance to unwind.

By the time we finally paused for a moment of silence I noticed that the clock said that it was almost mid night. We had spent over half the day not planning what we were going to do about Damon but becoming friends, becoming closer.

'I guess I better head off to bed then,' I commented standing up from the chair.

'Yeah me to,' he replied standing up and following me down the hall way. We walked close our arms brushing each other countlessly but neither of us wearing to move away. I stopped by door and looked up at him.

Being so close to him I could see the small scar the ran through his left eyebrow. You would never have been able to notice it if you didn't look. I remember him telling me how he received that when he was learning to throw knives in his first days of joining the gang. I couldn't imagine him being any young then he was, I couldn't imagine without the muscle, without the strong build that he had gained over the years.

'I will help you Jason, I promise.' I vowed, knowing that I was going to probably regretting promising that later.

Without saying a word he smiled down at me before turning and heading towards his bedroom. As I headed back into my room I couldn't help but think how nice he looked when he smiled.

A/N

I know it is short but I have only got back into the writing of this after over a year of not writing. I hope you can forgive me for taking so long and bare with me whilst I start writing again.

Forgive me for the mistakes.

I love you all.

Please comment and vote for the next chapter

xx