Chapter Twenty Seven

Jason's POV

My eyes blinked, adjusting to the bright light. I heard people yelling, people hurrying around the room. I tried to look but I couldn't focus on them. The pain soaring through my body was to much, I clenched my teeth groaning as the pain raged through my body when I accidentally moved.

"Jason don't move," I heard someone growl but I couldn't make out the voice. 

"He's falling in and out of consciousness, he should be able to hear you though." another voice replied. I heard a chair move next to me before someone sighed. 

"Is he going to be okay?" a voice I did recognise asked me. Tyson. As much as I didn't like the door I clinged to the fact that it was someone I knew. If he was speaking that must mean I'm not dead. I fought to open my eyes but the darkness was to much. 

                                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wake up Jason," A voice called, stirring me from the peaceful sleep I was in. I allowed it to pull me out of my dreams and into the real world. Instantly I regretted my decision as every inch of me began to ache. But it was to late to slip back into the peacefulness, I was awake. 

"ahhhhh," I groaned, words escaping me. I opened my eyes, instantly rushing my hand up to block at the bright lights. 

Where the heck was I?

A few moments later my eyes adjusted and I noticed I was in a white room, like a hospital but more homely. I would say I was in a medical unit at someones house. 

"What happened?" I asked, trying to piece everything together, the last thing I remember was getting stabbed. I tried to look down at my chest but there was a large bandage covering it. "Where's Alexis?"

He frowned slightly before running a hand through his hair. "Jason you've been asleep for a week." He paused for a second, letting it sink in before he continued. "Lexi and I were to late. When we arrived you had already been stabbed but we were quick to stop them. We took down most of them and managed to get you out but...."

"But what? What happened to my dad?" I asked, every word scratching my throat as they came out. 

"He got away, Lexi was to busy pulling you to safety. But she didn't see one of his men coming." He paused again sucking a deep breath of air in. "Lexi got shot."

Instantly my world froze as he spoke. She had been shot. Shot saving me. 

I searched his face trying to see if he was lying or not but I could tell that he was serious. I could see the pained expression in his face. 

"Where is she? Is she okay?" I asked desperately. 

He shook his head slowly. "She got out of surgery yesterday but she hasn't woken up yet."

A wave of relief washed over me. At least she wasn't dead. There was still a chance that she was going to be okay. 

Tyson's POV

Grabbing a cup of coffee I sat outside of the hospital room. Even though we tried our hardest to not take the gang to the hospital, Lexi had to come here. She was to hurt for us to fix her ourselves, she needed professional help. 

Now that Jason was awake, I didn't' feel the constant need to be in two places. As much as I didn't like the guy, he was still family, and he was important to Lexi. 

The second that she had been hit, all of the anger that I had been holding against her disappeared and was replaced with agony and sadness. She was my most nearest and dearest friend and I couldn't imagine life without her. Yes she had made some decisions that I didn't agree with but that didn't mean I couldn't forgive her. All I hoped was that she was going to wake up soon. I needed her to wake up soon. 

Another doctor stepped out of her room and moved slowly towards me, his eyes were filled with sorrow and pity as he looked at me. 

"How's she going Doc?" I asked, my heart thumping in my chest.

"We are going to have to take her off the machines Tyson, we need to see if she can breath by herself. We will start in the morning. I would go in and talk to her, just incase." I knew he added the just incase because he was afraid that she wouldn't make it. He had been clear when we first brought her in that he didn't think there was a huge chance she would make it. Her lungs were weak and she had stopped breathing for a short time.

I moved into her room and sat next to her, grabbing her hand like I did every time i visited. They were cold and lifeless, not like the warmth I use to remember.

I didn't know if she could hear me, but I hoped she did. I hoped she could hear every world that I said. 

"You have to fight Lexi, you have to make it. My life, our life would mean nothing without you." I told her honestly, as I rested my forehead on the bed. I drifted to sleep like that, next to her, afraid that if I let go, I would never be able to see her again. That it would be the end of everything and so I clung on, and prayed to whatever god there was out there, that this girl would be fine.