Chapter Twenty Six

Just an FYI to my fans and the people that are still reading my books, this novel is coming to an end. I started writing this almost five years ago and so I have lost the enthusiasm to write it. Therefore, I will finish the book and then decide if I want to write another book in the sequel or instead if I want to just write a spin off. Let me know what you want to do. I hope you enjoy :)

Lexi's POV

Darkness. Everywhere I looked was darkness. I couldn't even pin point one star in the sky. It was like even the nigh knew what was coming, it was helping to hide us. 

Normally, we were all about busting into the scene, showing everyone who we were and what we were made off. But this time it was different. I was afraid that if we rushed in their that something might happen to Jason and I didn't want that. I wanted to protect him if I could. 

So here we were much to the boys disapproval, we were creeping through the fields, in the cold and dark. They were doing it because I asked them to, not because they felt any need to save the man that had come into our life and created drama but instead because I asked them to. And thats what happened when you were the leader, people did things because you told them too. 

I did feel terrible. I didn't want it to come to this. 

Never in the time that I had been leader of the gang had I forced them to do something that they disagreed with. I had always gotten their opinion and asked them to join in. But ever since Jason had come into my life I had just been doing what I thought was right. I had been running off my own clock. And that was fair. 

There in the darkness I promised myself that when this was all over I would get back to the old Alexis, the girl that did the right thing, not the thing that was right by herself. 

"We are close, keep it quiet" Tyson's voice crackled through the earpiece. Even though I knew that no one could hear him I cringed internally, waiting patiently for something to kick off but it didn't. The coast was still clear. 

Slowly we crawled closer until we came to the edge of the long grass. Just 50 metres away was the door that Tommy had said would let us into the underground tunnels. The place that he was sure Jason would be. I looked into the darkness to my left and prayed that Tyson was ready. 

"Lets go," crackled the earpiece, as if he was reading my mind. Pushing myself to my feet I sprinted towards the door, a few seconds later Tyson joined me. We waited silently till we were sure the coast was clear. 

When the plan had been formed that only two people would enter the tunnels, no one had agreed that I should go in there. They said it was to dangerous, that I wasn't the best at hand to hand combat. But as I knew, and as Tyson knew, there was a good chance we weren't coming out of this. That we weren't going to make it back, therefore, I wasn't letting someone else take my place. I needed them to be safe. I had tried to ask Tyson not to come, I knew what he had waiting at home for him, not only  that but he was my second in line. He was meant to be the one that took over if something happened to me. 

But even though he was angry, when I had convinced them to let me go in, he refused to let anyone else be the side kick. He hadn't left any room for arguments or discussion. He made the decision. If I went, so did he. 

We opened the door quietly and looked inside. To our relief no one was standing directly infront of us but we knew that they would be here soon. 

Slowly edging my way inside, I double checked the safety was off my gun. There was only one way we were going to make it out of here, and that was by fighting. 

I know I could have left Jason here, to fend for himself, he wasn't my problem. But I had this unknowing obligation to save him, to rescue him. I felt like this was my duty, this was what I was meant to be doing. 

If only everyone else felt the same as I did. 

Jason POV 

I looked up at my father and the group surrounding me. My hands ached as they pulled against the ropes tying them together. There was no way I was getting myself out of here. There was no way that I could fight them all off, especially without a weapon. 

Looking at the clock on the wall, I knew that my time was almost up. There was no way that they were going to let me live, I couldn't talk my way out of this one. A strange part of me wasn't upset though, with the fact that this might be it. I had stuffed up alot in my life and I always knew that there would come a time I would die, for the last few years I had always believed that I would either kill my father or be killed by him. I guess that was what was happening now. 

The only thing I was slightly about was that I wouldn't see that fierce girl one more time. I wouldn't be bullied by her, be put in my place by her, or even kiss her one more time. I wouldn't be able to touch her again. Even in this distressing moment I almost wanted to smile at the thought of her. She was everything that I thought I wouldn't find after Ellie died and I stuffed it up. I screwed it up like i screwed up everything in my life.

"Finish him," My father comment pulling me from my thoughts. I was already aching from the beatings I had taken that part of me hoped that this would be the end of it. I had enough pain soaring through me that I almost wanted him to end it right now. Without a chance for me to fight. 

One of my fathers right hand men grabbed a long bladed knife from the table and inched forward. My blood already laced the blade, from the cuts he had made alone cheek. 

"Any last words?" My father asked, smirking in my direction. 

"Go to hell!" I growled, refusing to show any other emotion but anger. 

As the man moved closer to me I took a deep breath and quickly thought about my life. I almost felt at ease with the fact that I was about to see Ellie again, that I wasn't going to have to live without her anymore. But then my thoughts of ease were quickly replaced with thoughts of pain as I thought about Alexis. The fact that she was still here, that she was still alive. I wouldn't get to see her again. I wouldn't get to talk to her again. If I had had more time to think about my mind would have been confused but all thoughts were replaced with soaring pain as the knife plunged into my stomach. 

The last thing I remember was the laugh from my father as I faded into darkness. 

A/N

There is only two chapters plus a conclusion to go so hold on tight buddies.