Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen:

(Lexi's POV)

I hopped beside him in the car, pulling my sunglasses over my eyes. As we drove down the drive way i couldn't help but think about how much I would've been enjoying the escape if I wasn't a bundle of nerves. The time for preparing had finished and now it was time to set the plan into motion. If I was being honest with myself I would have known that I was nervous because for the first time in a long time I hadn't let the boys in on the plan. I hadn't let them know what I was really up to. And that bothered me. It bothered me because if something went wrong I wouldn't have them to fall back on. They would have no idea what was happening.

"Stop stressing," Jason commented sparing a quick glance to me as he sped down the road. "It's to late to change your mind now,"

"What makes you think I'm stressing?" I asked, shooting him an annoyed look, even though he wouldn't be able to see it behind my glasses.

He pointed to my hands, which I had been wringing unconsciously together. Quickly, i moved my hands away from each other and placed them under each leg.

"Can we run through it one more time? Just so I know you have it," I asked, even though i knew it was more for my sake then his.

He nodded. "We know they will be tracking us, they will have look outs waiting to spot us. So we are going to get seen, one we are far enough away that they won't get to the boys. They'll have to leave the town to find us."

"And what if they stay here for the boys?"

"They won't." He replied. "Those boys mean nothing to them, as long as they feel like they are closing in on us, they will leave them alone."

"And what if something goes wrong? If one of us gets caught," He paused for a moment. This is the part of the plan we hadn't really thought about that much.

"We won't. This is it Alexis. If we get caught, we're dead. So there is no way we can let that happen."

I nodded, knowing that everything he said was real. I leaned back into the seat and tried to distract myself with the scenary. With the speed he was traveling I knew we would be where we needed to be soon enough. As i tried to drift into my own thoughts, the vibration of my phone caught my attention.

Tyson's name flashed up on the screen.

I looked up at Jason, asking for his opinion of what I should do.

He shrugged. "Answer it, if you don't he will know something is up."

"Hey Ty," I repiled, trying my best to steady my voice. This was the moment I didn't like, having to lie to him point blank.

It had taken all my convincing and power to get the boys to let me out of their sight. At the current moment they thought that I was sneaking into one of my other safe houses for weapons. They only reason they didn't all tag along was because I told them that some of Damons gang were getting to close for comfort, and so doing what they do they had gone out to remove them. It was then that I had said I would take Jason with me to get the weapons. If my caluctions were correct, this was the call where Tyson was checking that I was safely on my way home.

This was the last time that I would be talking to him for a while. It was my last chance to keep him off the scent.

"Hey Lexi, we dealt with the problem, it was just a couple of low lifes. No one with real power." I smiled. "You on your way home?"

"Unfortunately not, we just got a call from one of Jason's guys and we are just on our way to pick him up, we shouldn't be more then a couple of hours."

i heard him take in a deep breath. "Are you sure thats safe?"

I smiled, he was always looking out for me. "We will be fine Tyson."

I paused for a moment before continuing. "Look Ty, my phones about to die so I won't be able to call you. Be careful, I will see you soon I promise."

"Oh okay Lexi. Jason has my number call me if you need me." I could hear something off in his voice. I knew that he thought this was strange. It was first thing in the morning, my phone like normal would have been charging overnight. He would be wondering why on earth it was already flat. But yet the trust he had for me won out. He wasn't going to question that I was doing something wrong, because he believe that I would have told him if something else was going on.

He was my number two for a reason. He was the person I trusted most in the world. And Yet here i was not being able to tell him everything that I wanted to because I didn't want to hurt him.

"Love you." I quickly chirped into the phone before hanging up. I plopped it into Jason's outstretched hand.

"You ready to do this?" I took a deep breath and thought quickly about everything that I was leaving behind in this moment. I was leaving behind the trust that I had spent so long building up. The trust that I had cherished for so many years. I was breaking it. In my head I understood why I was breaking it. To keep them safe, to keep their families safe. I had vowed from day dot that I would die protection my boys if I had to, and that still stood true. If lying to them made sure they were safe then I was okay with it.

But It still didn't feel right.

Part of me knew it would never feel right. But I had made the decision and so I was going to do what I did best. Wiping away all the sad and nervous emotions I felt my face go cold and emotionless. This was the moment that I stopped being Lexi, the best friend and family member.

This was the moment that I became Lexi the gang leader.

And I would do what a leader does best.

Protect them all.