Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

I grabbed his hand and pulled him behind me as we headed towards the road. Within seconds my car arrived and I yanked him into the back seating. The driver speeding off and heading towards the safety of my home. At first I didn't look at him, instead I looked out the window into the darkness thinking about the words that I had just said to him. I had started something, that I knew was going to being something big and bad. People were going to be hurt in the process. Damon was a dangerous man and I knew that he would like the fact that I had just bluntly chosen the other side. 

"He's not just going to let you walk around after that performance, you do realise that?' Jason warned, waking me up out of my trance. I looked at him, wondering what it was about him that made me want to protect him. Maybe it was the fact that I saw part of me in him. I saw the screwed up family thing. It wasn't like I had the most healthy relationship with my father or mother. I was always on the outs with them. 

"You do realise the people I have put in the firing line, in order to keep you safe. You better be worth it," I replied. I grabbed my phone and sent a group message to everyone that I cared about. 

Get to mine. ASAP

I knew they would listen, without asking question. 

I needed to get everyone to mine. I needed to get everyone to safety, I could let them get hurt.

My phone ringing broke the silence between us, without looking at it I snapped it opened. 

"Lexi, whats going on?" Tyson asked, not bothering with formalities.

"Damon isn't going to back down unless we give him Jason." I replied matter of factly. 

"Well then give them Jason." He offered up. I rolled my eyes, of course he was going to go for that option. 

"You know we can't do that." 

"I know," He sighed, I could imagine him running his hands through his hair has he thought about him options. 

"What are you going to do?" He asked, probably hoping that I had a plan. Little did he know that it was a worse idea then his. 

"I'm going to kill him." I replied before shutting the phone off. That was all he needed to know., that was all that was happening. I saw an evil smirk appear on Jasons face, obviously hew as thrilled with the outcome. 

"Its not going to be easy," He stated.

"I know, but you're going to help me." He nodded and with that we sat in silence as we drove home. 

As we pulled into the drive way I could already see the cars pilling up in the parking area, women, children and men were making their way into the house. Knowing that they didn't need to be invited in. 

I hopped out of the car and heading into the dining room, taking my place at the head of the table as 30 or so men crowded into the room. Some taking the seats at the table others leaning up against the wall.

A quiet hush filled the room as they waited for me to speak.

"Damon is a bad man who has threatened to tear this gang apart in order to get Jason. Now I know he isn't officially one of us but we can't let someone as evil as Damon get away with this. There are things that Damon has done, things that I wish I didn't have to share with you. But I do. Because in order to take him down you have to know exactly what you are getting yourselves into." I paused for a moment, just as Bentley stepped in to the dining room.

"You want to know exactly what kind of person you are going up against" He paused looking at me dead in the eyes, before slamming the folder of documents down on to the table. "Heres every last bit of information I could get on him and his people."

"Why should we protect him, he is the reason that all this trouble has come?" Josh asked looking at me. "Are you sure he is worth it?"

Before I could reply Tyson interrupted. "Because he's family."

The conservation carried on through to midnight as everyone made their plans. We discussed our best options, we discussed how to keep everyone safe. Questions were thrown back and forth but after Tysons comment no one questioned again why were doing what we were doing. One the decision had been made,  that was that. 

As people began to filter out and take their families to the safety huts around the property Jason stayed seated at the table. Waiting till everyone left. 

"You should go and get some rest," I commented, noticing that it was well into the early hours of the morning. he looked at me as though he needed to get something off his chest. "do you have something to say?"

He paused for a moment before speaking "How well do you know Bentley?" 

I frowned, not expecting the question to be anything about him. "Why do you ask?"

"Are you sure you can trust him?"

"he's the reason we are alive and not dead on the side of the hill," I stated. 

"Yeah i know. But for some reason, I feel like  I know him from somewhere, and I'm not sure if its a good somewhere."