Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

Lexi's POV

36 hours later

I was starting to stress. I was starting to panic. Jason hadn't come back, he had told me he was going to go and get supplies but he hadn't come back. In less than 12 hours we needed to be on the road, and I didn't even know the game plan yet. What was I going to do if he didn't come back? We were doing this for his benefit, to help him.

This was the first time in our trip that I really felt like calling the boys for help, that I regretted my decision to not allow them into the plan. We were already into the plan so deeply that even if Jason didn't come back to help, I was still probably going to have to go along with it. To save us all from getting hurt.

I used the safe houses phone to try and call Jason's phone again but he didn't answer. What if he was doing something stupid?

Part of me wondered why he had run off. Was it because of what happened the other night, or was it because of the emotions brought up because of his ex-girlfriend. I understand that that must have been hard for him, but he couldn't run away from his problems.

Jason's POV

I poured another drink as I knelt to the ground, resting my head against the grave stone. It was the first time I had visited her since she was buried. It was the first time that I had been brave enough to come and see the grave stone.

She had been everything to me, she had been the girl that had kept me from going over the edge, from taking that final step to the dark side. Without her I wouldn't of realised what my father was doing, the bad that he was doing. She was the light in all the darkness.

But now she was gone and I had so many mixed emotions and thoughts. Emotions and thoughts that I knew that if she was hear she could help me sort through.

She wouldn't have wanted me to be living with all this pain, she probably wouldn't have wanted me to go after my father, and she wasn't about revenge. She was always about thinking about the other options. But to me this was the only option. Killing him would ease a little bit of the suffering. Why was he allowed to walk around free, when the kindest most caring girl I had ever met was never going to walk again?

I sighed again.

And then there was Alexis.

I don't even think that Ellie would be angry of what I did with Alexis. She would probably be angry that I wussed out and left the next morning so that I didn't have to confront my feelings. But what were my feelings?

When Ellie died, I didn't think there was ever a girl in this world that I would generally want to be around, that I would generally want to spend my time doing life with. But then I met the bossiest, sassiest and interesting people I have ever met. Alexis Dylan. She was a girl that made me mad but also made me believe that maybe there was a life after Ellie.

I had spent so many years totally focused on revenge and anger, that I hadn't really thought that about what would happen after this all ended. I hadn't prepared for what life would look like after this all happened.

Taking another swig of my bottle I dragged myself away from the grave, away from all the memories and headed back towards the car. Taking a deep breath as I sat behind the wheel I listened as my phone rang again. I knew I should answer it, I knew that it wasn't fair that I didn't. But we were so close to finishing a plan I had had in my mind for years that I was almost anxious about what was coming. I was almost anxious that soon all that would be left was grief.

Turn on that car, I drove back to the safe house, ready to face the anger of Alexis.

As I got within a few miles of the house, a bright pair of lights pulled up behind me. A few moments later another car sped past me and cut in front of me. The red brake lights filling in the darkness as they slammed them on. Instantly I reacted, braking so that I wouldn't crash into the back of them.  I was too late though, as I swerved out of the lane the front corner of my bump hit into their back bumper. Causing my car to spin out quickly. It may have been because of the alcohol consumed or because of the emotional state I was in but I didn't react quickly enough. Before I knew it I was spun out in the ditch. The two vehicles that had been near me pulled over about 100m in front of me. I saw the people step out of the car, I knew that this wasn't good. I had a gut feeling that I knew who they were going to be.

Quickly searching for my phone, I dialled the most recent number and prayed that she would be close. Within two rings her voice filled the line "Jason,"

"They've found me."

"Where are you?" Her voice asked, concern evident even in the panic.

"They will take me to the farm. I won't have much time.' I tried to finish by my door was yanked open and arms began pulling me out. "I'm sorry Alexis!"

Lexi's POV

I stood in the night sky looking up at the few stars that filled the darkness. I could hear the buzzing of the chopper in the distance. I knew that they would be close, I knew that they would come. There had been no time to wait for them to drive here, who know still be alive by them they got here, because of this they had hopped in the chopper and made their way to me. To rescue.

My heart began to pound as I watched them rappel out of the chopper, their bodies making their way in silence to me in the darkness. Jarrod was there first, clocked in black he looked ready for war.

"How angry are they?" I asked, whilst the others were still a few metres away. I knew that they would be mad, but I also knew that they rest would forgive except for Tyson.

"You broke his trust Lex. In his eyes you choose Jason over him." He told me honestly, I could see the sadness in his eyes.  I nodded and watched as Tyson approached me.

He looked me up and down, as if checking to see if I was wounded. When he was satisfied he turned towards the rest of the boys, double checking that they had all arrived properly.

"Let's all go inside, Tommy is waiting!" I called to them all, automatically they all started filling towards the lit up house. I held back with Tyson, desperate to talk to him. He looked at me with pity as I stood looking up at him.

"I had to do it Ty. I'm sorry!" I told him truthfully.

"I don't know why you did it, I don't know why you didn't trust me but today's not the time to deal with this. You need our help, and therefore, we are here to give it to you." As he spoke it hit me that this was the first time that I had ever felt like he wasn't here because he wanted to be but instead because he was sworn to be here. When I thought about it it made sense though, why would he want to save Jason.

A/N

I know these aren't that exciting but I just needed to get the story going before we get to the big finale.

There is only a few more chapters to go before the story will be over and now I guess its time I think about a sequel. I know its taken my years and years to finish this book but I would like to do a third book in the series, as I believe there is a lot more stories for the future.

Let me know if you want me to complete this book and then add another book in the series.

Thanks xxx