Chapter Twenty Three

(Lexi's POV)

I wanted to leave it there. I wanted to leave it with me shutting my bedroom door. But I couldn't.

It was an hour later and I couldn't stop myself from thinking about what had gone on. My heart was still pounding. I had no idea why he was having this effect on me. Why I was allowing him to have this effect on me.

Part of me was angry, angry with myself. Angry because I had allowed him to break through my calm exterior. Angry because I wanted to prove him wrong, prove that he didn't mean anything to me.

Kicking the sheets off of my leg I stormed through the door. The cold night air stung my bare skin. I moved towards the bathroom, where I knew he had just been showering. I leant against the wall opposite to the door, waiting for him to come out.

What was I going to do? I was going to prove to myself that that he meant nothing, prove to myself that he had no control over me. That this feeling I was having was just my hyped emotions from the drama of the last few days.

A few moments later, the door swung open revealing Jason in nothing but a towel. The water still glistened on his chest from the shower. He paused when he saw me, a surprised but confident look coming onto his face.

"Enjoying the view?" He teased, obviously noticing that I had been checking him out. In that moment my confidence disappeared and I couldn't do what I thought I was going to do. I didn't have the balls.

"Just waiting for you to finish, so that I can have a shower.' I commented trying my hardest to pretend that it was true. He stepped aside briefly and I stepped around him, moving in to the bathroom.

Turning the shower back on, I knew that in order to go through with my lie, I had to actually have a shower. My heart was pounding as I clutched onto the basin looking at myself in the misty reflection of the mirror. Strands of hair were sticking out of the messy bun, my cheeks were flushed and small dark shadows were starting to form under my eyes. The last thing I felt like doing was sleeping, but it looked as if it was the thing I needed most.

Taking a couple deep breaths I tried to gain some control.

Closing my eyes I concentrated on the plan, the goal and the mission. I don't know how long I stayed there with my eyes closed but the feeling of a warm body pressing up behind me made my eyes snap open. Even in the hazy reflection I could see Jason's eyes watching me, waiting for my reaction.

His hand gently tightened on my hips as he spun me around, my chest pressing up against his. My breath and his were both deeper than normally, the air around us was tense.

I reached up and brushed my hand slowly over the bruise on his face, his eyes stayed firmly on my mine. Every so slowly I moved my hands around his head, until they were tangled in his hair. It was almost as if this was the invitation he needed. Within seconds his hands wee woven in my hair, his lips attacking mine.

The kiss was a lot different then the one we had shared before. This time it wasn't forced, instead it was all based on passion, based on a need to get closer to each other.

His hands moved from my hair as he toyed with the bottom of my tank top. He paused for a moment, looking at me, asking for approval. I nodded and lifted my arms as he took it off me. Instantly his hands were back on me, his lips touching me everywhere he could.

He teased and tormented me as we moved towards the shower, my legs wrapping around his waist. I knew this was a bad idea, but I couldn't stop myself. I was lost in the moment. I was enjoying myself to much.

Water soaked us both as we found ourselves getting lost in each other.

The next day

I tied the laces on my combat boots, before zipping up my black leather jacket. Looking at myself in the mirror, pulled my hair into a high pony tail. I small smiled found its way onto my lips as I watched Jason sprawled out on the bed. The top half of his body uncovered, as the sheets lay across his hips.

I didn't know why we did what we did last night but part of me felt like it was a long time coming. Now i just had to get back into  business. I had to do what we came here to do. 

I needed to find out what the farm was. Jason didn't want to talk about it, so I was going to find out all the info I could on it by myself. 

I stepped out into the street, surprised by how busy it was this early in the morning. I slipped my disposal cell phone out of my pocket and typed in six digits. Holding it to my ear I listen for the person on the other end. 

"Alexis?" I heard the male voice ask, almost shocked to have received a call from me. 

"I need a ride." 

Within moments of me telling them my address and hanging up the phone, I black motorcycle pulled up next to me. I knew it was him before he took of his helmet. 

"I hear your in need of knight in shining armour?" he teased, a friendly smile shining on his face. I rolled my eyes at him as I grabbed the helmet he held out to me. Slipping it over my head, i climbed on behind him. Wrapping my arms around him felt comfortable, it felt like we hadn't spent years apart.

He roared down the streets and into the country side. Part of me wondered how much time i had before Jason would wake and start looking for me. He would probably be angry and confused at the fact that he woke up alone but he would have to wait. 

We were here to complete a mission and right now this was the mission. 

Within half an hour we had made it to the hills. A place that I remembered from years before slightly. As we entered the long swooping drive way, i realised jut how little everything had changed. Sitting in  the front paddock was the same run down ute that we had spent all summer laying in the back of.

He came to a halt in front of the red bricked two storey house. From the outside it looked run down and old, but I knew for a fact that in the outside it was a completely different story. Everything was modernised and sleek. There was everything you needed to run a complete high class gang. And thats why they were one of the best in the world. 

"So time for a hug is it?" Tommy asked, swinging himself off of the bike and standing up next to me. I threw my arms around him and felt him lift me off the ground. He felt familiar and safe. He was as close to the 'boys' as I was going to get. 

"It's good to see you again." I told him as he placed me gently back onto the  ground. He chuckled as he led me into the house. 

"Would be nice if it wasn't just because you needed my help." He joked. 

"I know, time just flys!" I told him, feeling slightly guilty. 

He moved us towards the lounge where a bunch of guys sat around chasing and laughing with each other. When we moved into the room they all stopped and watched up. A few I recognised from my time here a while back but majority weren't familiar. The way that stopped and looked at each other made me realise that even if I didn't know who they were, they knew who I was. 

"So you mind explaining what we can do for you?" Tommy asked, resting up against the edge of the black leather couch. 

"I need you to tell me about the farm," 

A/N 

I know the chapter is short but I just wanted to give you some more info. 

Who do you think the new gang is? 

Where do they fit in?