Chapter three

Chapter Three:

(Lexi’s POV)

I grabbed the handle of his door and flung it open before settling myself in the front seat. Jason sat in the drivers seat dressed the way you would expect from somebody who believed they were the scariest possible people in the world. He was decked out in black his jeans, his boots, his shirt, his leather jacket and even his bloody sunglasses that sat hiding away his eyes.

He didn’t even glance my way as I closed the door. Putting that car into gear he sped out of the parking lot, going about 100kms over the speeding limit.

“Are you trying to kill me already?” I asked watching him as he calmly made his way between cars, making his way out of town as fast as he killed.

‘What would be the fun in killing you already?” he asked finally glancing my way. I rolled my eyes at him when he sent me a smile that I guessed most would call charming.

‘Probably would be better then this journey is going to be,’ I muttered under my breath knowing for certain that he would hear me. Obviously he didn’t like my comment because he put his foot down harder and increased his speed as much as he could.

I stayed quiet as we continued onto deserted road. I was glad that I had thought of a plan as it made me a lot calmer, knowing that the boys had my back.

I knew that the boys were on our tail. They would keep enough distance between us that they wouldn’t be caught by Jason but also close enough that they wouldn’t lose site of where I was going. The only problem with knowing that they were close behind me was that I wanted to keep looking behind me to see if I could see them approaching. I wanted to know if everything was going smoothly.

It must have been a good twenty minutes before he finally broke the silence.

‘Don’t be stupid and think that your little friends are going to come and save the day,’ he commented not taking his eyes off the road. I shot him a look hoping to convince him that I was totally confused but I figured that it hadn’t work when he took his eyes off road and raised his eyebrows as if questioning. I’m sure that if he didn’t have his sunglasses on he would of shot me a look with his eyes that would of meant he knew everything.

‘I don’t know what you are talking about,’ I replied trying to look innocent. He chuckled, shaking his head.

‘You shouldn’t of roped them into this.’ He stated. When I didn’t reply he continued. ‘Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about.’

I sighed, mumbling some words I should never repeat under my breath.

‘Where are you taking me?’ I asked hope to change the subject. I didn’t want to continue to talk about him knowing that they boys were coming because it made me worry that something was going to happen to them. Worry that he was going to do something to them, something I couldn’t take back. 

‘Somewhere that no one will find us,’ I let out a long breath.