Chapter 13: Sugar-coating Truths

Mikaelson's Manor, Forks, Washington State

"So, Bella..." Kol said, taking Rebekah's vacant seat beside her. "Is your friend single?"

"Who?"

"Angela," Kol replied, smiling at Bella's confused face. "I fancy her..."

"You fancy Angela?" Bella repeated, looking at him strangely then a small smile came to her lips. "She is taken, but I think the relationship isn't going to last long."

"What makes you say that?" Caroline asked, looking a little interested in the gossip.

"Well, Ben is pushing her into doing something that she isn't ready for;" Bella replied, looking at Sage who knew what it was. "Then something happened, he called her a freak and left, so their relationship is on the rocks at the moment."

"Why would call her a freak?" Kol growled, looking slightly dangerous to the human beside him. "She is not a freak!"

"Try telling Ben that," Bella muttered, folding her arms across her chest. "I wish I could knock some sense into the guy."

"But you won't." Charlie replied, looking at Bella knowingly. "No matter how much of an asshole Ben is, I don't want to press charges against my own daughter."

"How about if I do it?" Kol piped up, making both Charlie and Bella look at him shockingly. "I was joking, of course."

The room then filled with laughter, though Kol's laughter sounded as if it was forced; Bella arched an eyebrow to the fact that she knew it was forced.

"Ah, the main courses are here" Esther said, as the people dressed up in waiters and waitresses came out holding silver platters and placed them in front of everyone; removing the silver lid to reveal what was underneath, Bella looked down at her own main course. The roast chicken sided with rosemary roasted potatoes was staring back at her, pleading with her to taste them.

"Something wrong with your meal, Bella?" Elijah asked, looking at the said girl with interest.

"Huh? What... No, no there's nothing wrong with it." Bella replied, smiling a little at the fact that Elijah sounded worried for her. "It's just looks too good to eat..."

"You know it's dead, right?" Kol snickered, as he took a bite of his beef and looked at Bella. "It won't bite."

"But I will if you do not move out of my seat." Rebekah hissed, looking down at her youngest brother, who picked up his plate and skipped to his seat, beside Esther; who in return shook her head at Kol's childish acts. "Sorry, if Kol was annoying you."

"He wasn't actually," Bella replied, looking towards the blonde that now taken back her seat. "He was just asking about Angela's relationship status."

"Again?" Rebekah asked, looking quite annoyed. "He also asked that blabbermouth... Um, what's her name...?"

"Jessica?" Bella asked, giggling at the way Rebekah described Jessica.

"Yes! Jessica." Rebekah replied, proceeding to pick up her silver fork and stab the nearest vegetable.

"He says he fancies her." Bella said to Rebekah, as the blonde took a sip of her wine.

Rebekah then snorted into her wine glass, making some red wine slip down the corner of her mouth like it was blood, Bella lightly laughed at the sight of Rebekah but then pointed it out to the girl.

"Ah, Rebekah?"

"What, Bella?"

"You have a little bit of wine, right there..." Bella said giggling as the blonde wiped the corners of her mouth.