Chapter 24: Dance with Me (Part II)

Bella took a deep breath as she walked up the stairs to the Mikaelsons Manor, Charlie had already went in to mingle with the residents of Forks; Bella picked up the hem of her dress, walked inside and handed the woman beside the coat closet her jacket. Bella watched as each one of the Mikaelson family members mingled along with everyone, she could also see Edward in the far distance rubbing his temples as the minds of everyone was becoming too much for him to bear.

Bella descended the stairs, walking past everyone until Elijah popped up beside her; a small smile crept upon his face.

"Hello Bella."

"Hi Elijah," Bella replied, noticing that Edward was looking directly at her. "I need a drink."

Bella quickly grabbed a glass of champagne as both Esther and Mikael made their entrances into the hallway, Esther eyes landed on Bella and smiled as she seen the dress that both Rebekah and Esther picked out moments before getting Elijah to give it to Bella. In return, Esther got a small nod from the brunette woman and a small smile.

"Ah if everyone can gather, please?" Elijah spoke as he tapped his glass to get everyone's attention. "Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know whenever my mother brings our family together like this it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance."

Bella slightly gasped as Edward snaked his hand around Bella's waist and kissed her cheek.

"I thought I told you not to come?"

"I was invited, Edward." Bella replied. "It would be rude not to accept it."

"But you would be safe at home."

"Why are you so hell bent on keeping me safe away from the Mikaelsons?" Bella hissed, glaring at Edward. "Does Elijah's and I friendship threaten you that much you forbid me to go anywhere that he is? Edward, you are both on the same side here."

"Tonight's pick is a 10th century old dance, so if you please all find yourselves a partner and head into the ballroom." Elijah said, as he took drank the rest of the wine and placing it back onto one of the passing trays.

"Bella." Edward said, bowing and holding out his hand. "Would you care to dance?"

"It is tradition." Bella replied curtsying a little then took Edward's hand. They both headed into the ballroom, where the music started to play.

I'm dying to catch my breath
Oh, why don't I ever learn?
I've lost all my trust
Though I've surely tried to turn it around

Edward and Bella placed their hand together, and started to dance in time with the music; Bella looked towards Elijah who was dancing with Jessica Stanley and he didn't look too happy about it.

Can you still see the heart of me?
All my agony fades away
When you hold me in your embrace

Don't tear me down for all I need
Make my heart a better place
Give me something I can believe

Don't tear me down
You've opened the door now
Don't let it close

Edward placed his hand on Bella's back and led her through the rest of the dance; they both smiled at each other, while also looking around.

I'm here on the edge again
I wish I could let it go
I know that I'm only one step away
From turning it around

Jacob, who was also invited, tapped Edward's shoulder and took Bella off him and earning a small growl from the vampire.

"Jacob."

"Bella."

"You clean up nice," Bella said as she played with his black tie. "Very nice."