Chapter 18: 1920's

Before long, two weeks had passed and the 1920s dance was upon them, Edward hadn't asked Bella if she would like to go with him; he had just assumed her silence was a 'yes' but unknown to him, a certain blonde haired vampire by the name of Caroline was going to try and put a dent in his plans by asking Bella to join her and Klaus for the dance.

"So Bella..." Caroline asked as she played with the grapes of the home-made fruit salad "Who are you going with to the dance?"

"Um, I was thinking of not going..." Bella replied, chewing on a piece of cucumber and smiled slightly at Caroline. "But Alice wants me to tag along with the Cullens."

"Or you could tag along with me and Klaus?" Caroline asked as she took a grape and popped it into her mouth.

Bella looked towards the Cullens who in return were looking at her, well technically Alice and Edward were looking at her, the others were trying their hardest to look like they weren't but sadly they were failing.

"You know what?" Bella replied turning away from the Cullen family to face her blonde haired friend. "I think I should go to the dance with Edward."

"Ok, if that's what you want..." Caroline giggled a little, wriggling slightly in her chair and then popped another grape into her mouth; Bella sneakily took a small piece of watermelon and scoffed it down before Caroline could blink.

"Hey!" Caroline whined lightly smacking Bella's fingers with the fork as Bella tried to steal another watermelon. "Get your own fruit salad!"

"Don't you know the saying?" Bella replied smirking at Caroline's confused facial expression. "It tastes much better when it isn't yours?"

"Yes, Bella..." Caroline groaned as she rolled her eyes and shook her head in slight annoyance "I heard that saying so many times before..."

The both girls got to their feet, feeling the Cullens eyes on them as they exited the cafeteria and out into the courtyard.

...

Rebekah walked into her walk in wardrobe, going over to her section of vintage 1920s dresses; knowing fully well that Bella and Angela won't have anything to wear, she was about to walk into her bathroom when Sage and Caroline both dressed in robes walked into her room.

"Hey," Caroline muttered, looking slightly embarrassed "Um, do you think we could borrow a dress off you?"

"What happened to that gorgeous red one you wore in Mystic Falls?" Rebekah replied, turning back to her wardrobe and picked out a red beaded detailed dress and handed it to Caroline.

"That's wear it is... In Mystic Falls"

"Oh..." Rebekah replied as she searched the shelves of dresses for one that Sage could borrow. "Hm, Sage what do you think of the color green?"

"It's my favorite color." Sage replied, as Rebekah handed her a knee-length late 1920s styled dress. "Ah, thank you?"

"Don't mention it..." Rebekah replied, she then pulled out her vibrating IPhone as she seen it was Bella calling. "Hey there, Bella"

"Hey..."

"What's wrong?"

"Can you be my hero and say that you have a dress for me?" Bella replied, sighing. "I don't want to go over to the Cullen's and become a Bella Barbie to Alice, I swear she'll hassle me until my next birthday about not doing this right or wearing clothes that she thinks have no fashion taste."

Rebekah giggled, along with Caroline and Sage. "Sure, come over and bring Angela. Something tells me that she doesn't even have a dress to wear."