Chapter 5: Truths and Meetings

Mystic Falls

1:30pm

Hi, you've reached Elena Gilbert; Sorry I can't answer the phone right now but leave your message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible… BEEP!

"Elena!" Damon growled into the cellphone, standing outside the Mikaelson's Manor; staring at Elena's car. "I have found your car, without you in it! Where are you? Saint Stefan, Barbie, Barbie's doggy, Shaggy and Witchy are worried sick! So am I! Call me back…"

As Damon closed his phone, he felt a presence behind him; turning around he came face to face with one of the Original vampires.

"Damon?" The vampire said, looking at him. "Is it?"

"Yeah," Damon said, looking at the vampire before him. "You must be the eldest Mikaelson, Finn?"

"Yes, I am."

"Do you know where…?"

"My dear little sister is with your precious doppelgänger?" Finn replied, looking quite bored. "Yes I do, I am heading there now; apparently the doppelgänger has been asking questions of a person I thought was long forgotten about."

"You mean Tatiana?" Damon asked, looking confused. "Why would she want to know about…?"

"No, I do not mean of that harlot." Finn replied, hissing as he remembered what Tatiana put Klaus through. "I meant her sister, Isabel."

"Isabel?" Damon muttered, still confused. "How come I never heard of her? The Petrova books never mentioned an Isabel."

"Because, most of us do not wish to remember how we lost her," Finn replied, looking bored again. "She was to be wed to Elijah, before the wolves descended upon our village and her life was taken in front of him."

"Elijah loved her?" Damon asked, not believing a word coming from the man's mouth. "But he was fascinated by Katherine when she was in England; he told us himself."

"Fascinated, yes," Finn replied. "That was all, Klaus was interested in her, he was just simply fascinated that she could look so much like Tatiana and not have the same qualities as her."

"Let me guess," Damon said; smirking. "She played both of them against each other?"

"I do not know," Finn muttered. "I was not there to see it nor there to ask, Mr. Salvatore."

"Would you mind telling me where Rebekah took Elena?"

"Even better Mr. Salvatore."

Damon cocked up an eyebrow, what could be possibly better than knowing where Elena was?

"I can show you."

Rebekah knelt down at the plaque that was nailed into the trunk of the tree; she pulled away the dead leaves and roots around the trunk so that Elena could have a better look at the plaque.

It was beautifully craved out of the White Oak that Rebekah said that her father and siblings 'burnt' to the ground, Elena got to the level of Rebekah and read the elegant script that was in Latin or Viking writing.

"What does it say?" Elena asked, pointing at the script.

"Here lies a beloved sister, daughter, friend and wife."

"Wife?" Elena asked, confused. "Was she about to marry Elijah?"

"Yes." Rebekah said, a small tear fell and landed on the wood; soaking into it. "She was about to really become my sister."