Chapter 10: Klaus's Tales of Isabel Petrova

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Caroline followed the witch, Mandy to where her room would be; but knowing that she would mainly be spending a lot of nights with Klaus, in his own room. Mandy turned the doorknob to show Caroline her room, she gasped in surprise as she never seen a beautiful room before; walking inside, her fingers danced across the lace detail on the comforter set.

"Shall you need anything, Miss Forbes," Mandy said, making Caroline turn to face her. "Just give me a yell, and I shall come."

"Um…" Caroline said, blinking once or twice. "Thank you?"

Mandy nodded her head, walked out and closed the door; Caroline lifted her suitcase onto the bed, sighing as it will be no use to unpack since that they will be leaving shortly.

"Caroline?" Klaus called, knocking on her bedroom door and poke his head in. "So Mandy had shown your room to you has she?"

"What's the point of me having a room here when we are about to leave?" Caroline asked, as she snuggled into Klaus arms for a hug.

"In case we wish to return."

"And get killed by the Salvatores? No thank you…" Caroline muttered, making Klaus giggle at her little outburst.

"I wish to show you something."

Caroline followed Klaus, well actually was dragged willingly by him since he held her hand; they came to his bedroom door and Caroline gave him a small annoyed-confused look.

"You wished to show me your bedroom?"

"No what's inside," Klaus replied, rolling his eyes.

"I know what's inside, remember…"

"Caroline…" Klaus sighed, looking at her in annoyance, but then smiled as a little smirk came upon her face. "You little devil…"

"Well? What is it that you wanted to show me?"

Klaus pulled Caroline into his room, shut the door and zoomed over to where his sketch pad was; Caroline then watched as he flipped through the pages, she then glanced at the sketch pads that were displayed all over the bed; one sketch pad was closed and had Elijah's name scribbled one it, picking it up Caroline started to flip through it. Smiling at the pictures of a younger looking Klaus with some younger look boy, maybe their deceased brother, Hennrik. She then started to notice the sketches of an unknown girl, that had similar looks to that of Elena but yet different.

"Klaus?" Caroline muttered, making Klaus look up from one of the newer sketch pads he opened. "Who is this?"

"That," Klaus muttered, sitting on the bed and taking the sketch pad from her. "Is Isabel Petrova, Elijah's lost love."

"Petrova? She's related to Elena and Katherine?"

"Yes." Klaus replied, looking down at the drawing. "She was Tatiana's young sister."

Caroline seeing the sadden look on Klaus's face, sat beside him and laid her head on his shoulder.

"What was she like?" Caroline whispered, smiling as Klaus looked at her, then smiled and they both looked down at the drawing of Isabel Petrova. "She was kind-hearted, selfless, sometimes rebellious, and a little hot-headed, she also had pride and grace in everything and anything."

"She sounds a little similar to Elena." Caroline replied, rolling her eyes at Klaus annoyed look. "I said a little, Klaus."

"I know," Klaus replied, sighing. "She tried to warn me about Tatiana not returning my love, but I did not heed her warning."