Chapter 20: A Deal with a Witch

La Push, Native Indian Reserve

After the Mikaelson brothers left, Sam Uley reluctantly called Carlisle Cullen to inform them of what happened with Elijah and Jacob, he too was surprised that a simple human like Elijah could pick up and throw someone like Jacob. When Sam mentioned a temporary truce, Carlisle agreed and gave them the opportunity to attend the Graduation party that was to be held that following night; Sam agreed.

And now all the Wolf Pack has to do is wait.

...

Forks, Washington State

Word quickly got around Forks High about the party that Alice was planning after graduation, but Rebekah stole the Cullen's spotlight by saying she too were going to hold a graduation party, two days after the Cullen's have theirs.

"It's not fair," Alice pouted as she watched Rebekah kiss Matt's cheek "Why do they have to spoil everything?"
"Enough Alice," Rosalie sighed as she got to her feet with her tray of uneaten food to throw away "Honestly, the whole world doesn't revolve around us, you know?"
Alice was about to say something else, but Bella caught her attention and the outfit she was wearing.
"Since when did Bella have a sense of fashion?" Alice then muttered, changing the subject quickly and making the whole Cullen siblings, including Rosalie when she returned, to stare at the human girl Alice was talking about.

Gone was her Tom-boyish t-shirt, jeans and worn-out sneakers; they were replaced by a shear nude, see-through floral top with a nude singlet underneath, off white skinny jeans, held up with a nude-tanned belt; and to match the whole nude-off white outfit Bella's hair was held back with a thin off white headband, with a nude flower and matching flat boots.
Edward couldn't take his eyes away from how the jeans hugged against Bella's curves, he growled then at the thoughts running through the male population minds, minus his brothers and the Mikaelson boys.
"Edward..." Rosalie hissed as she pointed towards Kol, Rebekah and Caroline as the three of them were looking at Edward strangely. "Enough."

Edward huffed in annoyance, got to his feet and walked over to his girlfriend and her new friends, taking up the vacant seat beside Rebekah and Bella.
"Hey you," Bella giggled, kissing Edward's cheek; making Rebekah mockingly gag which earned a confused but annoyed look from Edward.
"Hey love," Edward replied, nodding at the small table of friends. "So, what are you doing after school?"
"Um, nothing." Bella replied as she popped a seedless grape into her mouth "Why?"
"I was wondering if you want to catch a movie or something." Edward replied. "We haven't really had any 'alone' time."
"Hm, true." Bella said as she popped another grape into her mouth. "Sure, okay... Let's go to a movie."
"Which movie theatre are you planning on going to?" Kol replied, trying to start a small but civil conversation with the mind-reading cold one.
"Port Angeles, somewhere not too far from Forks." Edward asked, as he tried to get a closer read on any of the Mikaelson's minds but failed, including Matt's mind; surprisingly Angela's mind was now also blocked from him. His eyebrows knitted together in confusion as the Mikaelson siblings inwardly smirked knowing what Edward was trying to do.

Earlier that morning

"Caroline, Matt?" Esther called, making the said vampire and human boy face the Original witch.
"Yes, Esther?" Caroline replied, looking a little lost as the witch handed both Matt and Caroline a small pouch. "Ah, thank you?"
Esther laughed at Caroline and Matt's confused faces "Its protection jewellery, just like your daylight ring Caroline; but this one blocks mind-reading and mind-control."
"Why?" Matt started and then froze trying to not sons confused. "I mean, why are you giving these to us?"
"Mandy has found some particular information regarding to the Cullen clan," Esther explained to the both of them. "Apparently Edward, Alice, Jasper and Emmett Cullen all have a gift. Alice can see the future, only once a decision is made and it changes if the person she 'sees' changed their minds, Emmett holds strength of three newborn Cold Ones put together, so his gift is super strength; Jasper can feel and control emotions, he is what we call an Empath and Edward is a mind-reader."
"So he could hear our thoughts?" Matt whispered, looking quite scared.
"If you are standing alone, yes. But if you are around any of my children not so much." Esther added, smiling once again at the confused faces of Caroline and Matt. "The blood that made then into the Original vampires, Isabel's; was immune to any mental abilities of a Cold One."
"Meaning that since they all drank from Isabel," Caroline finished. "It also made the Originals immune to mental abilities of a Cold One too?"
"Correct."
"How did you spell this to block the mental abilities?" Matt asked, as he opened his pouch and pulled out a silver men's ring with a small lead pattern. "If you don't mind explaining that?"