Chapter 31: Take on Me

Edward walked up the steps to the Mikaelson Manor, knocked on the door and walked inside once it was opened by one of the many servants that they had around the house; when he walked into the drawing room he almost had to take a second look.

Jacob and Mandy were huddled on the loveseat, looking through some car and bike magazines while Rebekah, Sage, Caroline, Elena, Alice and Rosalie were spread around the fireplace painting their toenails. Angela, Bonnie and Esther were huddled in the corner looking through their grimmores; Klaus and Emmett were playing a game of chess while Finn, Kol and Jasper were debating on the acts of the Civil war along with Damon Salvatore as well. Carlisle, Esme and Mikael were having a small, brief conversation that slightly stopped once Edward had walked into the room.

Edward's attention then drifted off towards the large, sleek black classic piano where both Elijah and Bella sat. He smiled as he listened to Bella's fingers dance lightly across the piano keys but was slightly confused as he remembered Bella stating that she didn't know how to play the piano.

But yet, here she was playing a lovely tune with Elijah- who was more focused on the lovely brunette human girl then the actual piano.

"Are you going to sit down Edward, or are you also going to hold up the roof?" Kol asked, as he noticed the bronzed haired Cold One look at Bella a little longer than Kol liked.

"Kol." Esther's voice called, warning the youngest Original vampire to keep his attitude in check.

It been weeks since anyone had heard or seen Frederick Lukewood, the original Cold One; but still everyone was still on their best guard in case of an unknown assault or attack from him or anyone working alongside him.

With that still going on, both vampire families; the Mikaelsons and the Cullens decided to put aside their differences and issues that they have with each other to protect both Mystic Falls and Bella from Frederick.

Emmett slightly huffed in annoyance as Klaus took another one of his chess pieces, smirked and then placed his Queen to end the third game Emmett had lost. "Check mate."

"Damn it!" Emmett pouted as he reached for his wallet, pulling out a one hundred dollar bill then paused before handing it to Klaus. "Best three out of four?"

"Face it honey," Rosalie sighed as she looked up from her drying toenails and look towards her husband. "No matter how many times you play against Klaus- You are going to lose."

"No one can beat me at chess," Klaus boasted, smirking as all pair of eyes landed onto him. "Well its true- even my own family cannot beat me."

"What about me?" Bella piped up, a little smirk appeared as Klaus slightly paled. "Do you think you can defeat me?"

"Well, we'll have to see- won't we?" Klaus replied as he placed the chessboard pieces into their rightful places. "Care to start off for us, Bella?"

Bella, smiling as she got to her feet and took Emmett's place across from Klaus and pinpointed all the possible places for her pawns, knights, bishops, her king and queen to get a good checkmate; smirking as she found the best possible strategy for her to win the game, Bella made her first move. "How about we make this game interesting, fluffy?"

"Must you use that name?" Klaus grunted, as he placed his pawn into the place where he could take Bella's but then realized that Bella took it before he had a chance to. "What do you have in mind, Belly?"

"If I win, you have to let me take your beloved car for a spin."

"And if I win- which I will- you have to…" Klaus paused to think of something that Bella could do- then he got the perfect idea. "You have to sing in front of us."