Chapter 3: Don't Forget Me

Mystic Falls, Virginia

2:30 pm

A knock pulled Rebekah out of her thoughts of her old, dear friend, Isabel Petrova; she blurred over to the door to open it, not surprised at who was standing on her doorstep.

"Oh, it's you." Rebekah hissed, glaring at Elena Gilbert. "What do you want now? Come to stab me in the back again?"

Elena held up a bag of AB-positive blood, handing it to Rebekah who looked confused at the offering.

"I heard that it was your favourite," Elena explained to the confused-looking blonde. "So I brought it to..."

"Use it to get more information out of me about Klaus?"

"No," Elena replied, stepping inside the warm house. "I want to find out more about the Petrova doppelganger"

"And the hold she had over Klaus?" Rebekah asked, taking the blood bag from Elena's hand and pouring it into a glass.

"Wasn't Elijah also in love with Tatia?"

"No," Rebekah mumbled. "He was in love with the other Petrova."

"There was another?" Elena asked, looking strangely at her.

"I think you better sit down, Elena," Rebekah said, taking a sip of the blood. "It's going to be a long story."

Elena sat down, opposite Rebekah who was staring into the dancing flames as if in a trance.

"Isabel Petrova was the younger sister to Tatiana, though everyone loved Tatiana; Klaus especially- everyone adored Isabel." Rebekah started, smiling as a memory came to her head.

Rebekah, Klaus and Elijah were playing chases; when they heard the footsteps of Tatiana and Isabel Petrova coming their way.

"What are you playing?" Tatiana asked, smiling once at Klaus, and then looking at Rebekah.

"We were playing chases," Klaus explained, smiling at Tatiana. "But now I must help father with a chore before dinner, excuse me sister dear, Tatiana and Isabel."

"Well, I must go as well..." Tatiana muttered. "Dinner will not make itself, will it Isabel?"

Isabel shrugged, and looked back down at the ground, not bothering to watch her sister walk away.

"Rebekah?" Esther called, which was answered by Rebekah groaning in annoyance. "Come and help me with dinner, please."

"Coming, Mother!"

"Would you like some help?"

Rebekah looked at the young, brunette beside her, who was smiling a little.

"Sure."

Both girls walked away, laughing about their dreams of marrying a man they desired instead of what their parents picked.

...

Rebekah watched as Elijah's eyes always darted towards Isabel as she giggled at something that Finn or Kol said, she also noticed he also watched as she offered to help their mother with some of the household chores.

"You like her, do you not, brother?" Rebekah asked, sitting beside Elijah.

"I have no idea what you mean, Rebekah," Elijah replied, looking down at his broth.